Season Ticket sales going very well today

RANGERS are closing in on 30,000 season ticket sales after an incredible day at the club’s ticket centre saw thousands of people turning up to pledge their loyalty to the Light Blues.

Fans began queuing to buy seats on the first day they were available to new subscribers and by the time the doors opened there were approximately 500 people standing in line.

As the day wore on, more and more supporters turned up to ensure they would have constant access to Ibrox for the club’s Third Division campaign.

Spanish striker Francisco Sandaza turned up to see how sales were progressing and he handed out gifts to young followers of the 54-times Scottish champions.

The commitment shown by some was startling, with a group at the head of the queue including one man who had come straight from finishing a work shift at 4am.

Elsewhere a supporter from the Plymouth True Blues waited for his turn after leaving his home town at 4pm yesterday and reaching Glasgow at 6.30pm this morning.

He is returning to the south coast of England this evening but will shell out his regular spend of £100 to return to Scotland in time for Saturday’s home game with east Stirling.

Colin Ferguson, 29, from Stamperland and a member of the Clarkston Loyal, was there with two friends as they waited to buy a total of 10 seats together.

He said: “It’s great to see so many people coming out to support the club and it’s great to be part of it all.

“I used to have a season ticket a few years ago then gave it up because of work but after all that has happened I thought it was time to show my true colours and come back.

“Quite a few of our group actually had season tickets around the stadium last season but we all want to sit beside each other now if we can.

“That’s why we are here today. It would be great to see the games together as we go back through the divisions and hopefully that happens.”

Manager Ally McCoist has also paid tribute to Rangers supporters for the wonderful commitment they have shown.

He added: “I am thrilled by the support our fans have given us and the huge numbers who have been at the ticket centre today buying season tickets.

“We had over 25,000 renewals before the public sale and there have been thousands more to get their seats since early morning. I can't thank them enough for their loyalty."

http://rangers.co.uk/index.php/news/headlines/item/1739-season-sales-keep-rising

My Dad was in the queue for 6 1/2 hours today but he managed to bag the seat transfers I've wanted for most of the last 5 or 6 years. I'm back with a season ticket for center of the Govan rear for the first time since the first year of Graeme Souness.

I'm a happy Bear tonight.

To be honest, even 27k is a good number given the summer we have suffered.

If we hit 30k one would assume that it would be considered a success. I suspect the number will be higher than 30k.

I just hope they can somehow get the online ST opened again so I can watch the games live.

I've got my ST this afternoon / evening - queued for 6 hours. I'd be amazed if the sales haven't topped 30,000 - that queue was unreal. I've never known anything like it.