This is not a mischief thread...

Guest Stan Smith

Guest Stan Smith

But I'm hearing rumours through the grapevine, that Saturdays escapades with the small group of protestors being subjected to various stuff, were actually the victims of (initially) a group who had been "given the nod" by someone inside....

The suspects are obvious, and the inference is clear, but if so (and forget the rights and wrongs of the actual protest) this is an altogether unpleasant turn of affairs. May be daft conjecture, but it is certainly worrying...

AsI say, I dont want to get heavy into the pros and cons of the actual protest (once bitten and all that!) but just this info...may be shyte, but maybe not..

i must admit, i doubt it. judging by general sentiment i doubt it would be done by anything other than angry fans.

i think these rumours do more harm than good, and cause even more division (which is not to say they shouldn't be discussed).

Guest Stan Smith
i must admit, i doubt it. judging by general sentiment i doubt it would be done by anything other than angry fans.

i think these rumours do more harm than good, and cause even more division (which is not to say they shouldn't be discussed).

Absolutely mate, and I'm genuienly mindful that there is an element of responsibility required also. Tried to douse the content down as best I could, but understand exactly what youo are saying. The info/heads up, came to me from someone I trust who was there and his perception of events. I'm minded to stay calm, but the thought is very worrying

Absolutely mate, and I'm genuienly mindful that there is an element of responsibility required also. Tried to douse the content down as best I could, but understand exactly what youo are saying. The info/heads up, came to me from someone I trust who was there and his perception of events. I'm minded to stay calm, but the thought is very worrying

yeah, the very fact that this could even have been perceived, the very fact that the whole thing even happened, is very worrying indeed.

what this does show, beyond any reasonable doubt, is that there is a deep deep divide appearing in the rangers support.

at one extreme there are those (potentially with good reason) who believe that dm is so much of a dictator that he would cause (or give the nod to) actual trouble, and then misrepresent it via the website as propaganda.

at the other is those who believe that dm is our pontiff and all he says is ex cathedra.

most fall in somewhere in the middle, but i still think most tend towards the latter.

fans protesting were attacked by other fans.

Ah ok. So people are now saying that the fans who attacked the other fans weren't Rangers fans? I can see why these things get heated but to attack your own fans is ludicrous.

Ah ok. So people are now saying that the fans who attacked the other fans weren't Rangers fans? I can see why these things get heated but to attack your own fans is ludicrous.

the reporting of it on the rangers website suggested that the Knights of Virtue merely 'overpowered' the Demons of Rebellion, not mentioning that young children were (apparently, from what i've read etc) spat on and subject to the general verbal abuse by the Knights of Virtue.

This kind of thing has been happening for years guys. No conspiracy involved.

When they were trying to stop the brain-donors throwing bottles at matches they asked us to point them out. Saw several folks get sore faces for simply waving to their kids down the front.

Also seen idiots attacking fans leaving the Ground early when things weren't going too well.

Football is a tribal thing and there are some mean tribes out there. :sigh: