"Why are we here?" - 11FREUNDE article

Just read through a fairly interesting article that got me thinking. I found this one in German footie magazine "11FREUNDE" about the Bears' current situation. To be honest, by the start of reading I could tell this was going to be a pleasent anecdote on a lad finding his favourite club and standing by it despite hard times. But not at all. There are a couple of crucial questions the anonymous author reflects about, one being "Is this still the same club I'm supporting after the insolvency?". And then suddenly this guy burst out with an unexpectedly daring theory. He states that during the late 90s, after having won 9 consecutive league titles, the Gers attracted "assholes, who couldn't distinguish between 4-2-3-1 and 4711" creating an atmosphere of overdrawn expactation. To fullfill these the club, in the shape of Malcolm Murray, had no choice but bending tax laws to extremes.

This whole aricle is a rather depressing read as it goes on and on explaining why the club we used to be died, the new club being a bastardization of all the Rangers sand/ stood for. The comparison he draws is a loved relative exiting the casket in a vampire flick. Furthermore he thinks the Gers willfully threw any dignity that was left right out the window when Green accused other Scottish clubs of Anti- Protestantism and therefore not longer allowing us in the SPL.

Just wanted to share this and wondering what you're thoughts on this chaps opinions are.

Guest Smug Bluenose
...Furthermore he thinks the Gers willfully threw any dignity that was left right out the window when Green accused other Scottish clubs of Anti- Protestantism and therefore not longer allowing us in the SPL...

I don't think Green did anything of the sort.

Guest Bluenose80
To fullfill these the club, in the shape of Malcolm Murray, had no choice but bending tax laws to extremes.

Green accused other Scottish clubs of Anti- Protestantism and therefore not longer allowing us in the SPL.

The above two examples show the author is most probably listening to second hand information as in the first quote he clearly has no idea it was David Murray not Malcolm who utilised the EBT scheme and also ignores this was used by several other clubs so is hardly accurate that it was used to meet our "overdrawn" expectations as it was a fairly common practice at the time.

Secondly, Charles Green accused the SPL of bigotry, greed & jealousy of which there is plenty of evidence to prove it at no time did he mention religion.