Scottish Cup 2nd Round: Forres v Rangers

I'll be expecting this to be a pretty tough away game because not only were they the Highland League winners last season, but they've won both the Highland League Cup and North of Scotland Cup in the past couple of years. I would imagine that they're basically every bit as good as some of the SFL 3rd division teams, possibly even as good as one or two of the SFL 2nd division teams.

Keep in mind that back in January the eventual Scottish Cup winners last season, Hearts... SERIOUSLY struggled against Auchinleck Talbot in a 4th round tie at Tynecastle. Hearts were extremely lucky to win that game 1-0.

Edited by Zappa

I'll be expecting this to be a pretty tough away game because not only were they the Highland League winners last season, but they've won both the Highland League Cup and North of Scotland Cup in the past couple of years. I would imagine that they're basically every bit as good as some of the SFL 3rd division teams, possibly even as good as one or two of the SFL 2nd division teams.

Keep in mind that back in January the eventual Scottish Cup winners last season, Hearts... SERIOUSLY struggled against Auchinleck Talbot in a 4th round tie at Tynecastle. Hearts were extremely lucky to win that game 1-0.

...you're trying to frighten me.:grin:

FORMER Ibrox midfielder Trevor Steven knows what it’s like to face a tricky away Cup tie against a lower league team.

And he firmly believes Rangers will face a tough test against Forres Mechanics in the 2nd round of the Scottish Cup.

The Highland Champions will look forward to welcoming Ally McCoist’s squad and the travelling Bears to Mosset Park on September 29 and Steven knows what the Light Blues can expect.

During his time at Everton he came up against the University College of Dublin in the first round of the European Cup Winners’ Cup in 1984/85 and Trevor still recalls how difficult the home and away ties were at the start of the club’s incredible run to the final that year.

He said: “A long time ago when I was at Everton we played in the Cup Winners’ Cup against the University College of Dublin and drew 0-0 away.

“We then scraped through with a 1-0 home win and eventually won the Cup that same season.

“It is all about getting through to the next round but in Rangers’ case they really need to address their away form as soon as possible.

“I’m sure that is Ally’s priority right now.

“Forres will be a tough match, similar to the away games Rangers have experienced in the Third Division.

“There is no pushovers and every game has been a like a Cup tie so far.

“This one will certainly be the same, there is a lot to play for as Rangers will have ambitions to go as far in the competition as they can.

“They should do that but you still have to have the confidence to go away to the smaller grounds and put your best game forward.

“It will not be easy against Forres at their home ground, they were successful last year and they will be relishing this tie.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/1872-forres-will-be-tough