Boca away.....Who for Captain?

I just don't think it's right to base our attack around an ancient player who has never been a prolific scorer.

We need to be looking long term and I would like to see us looking at a modern type approach like a 4-2-3-1 with Little on his own in attack and the likes of Templeton, Shiels and McKay behind him.

We should be using these seasons in low leagues to build a team and philosophy.

I just don't think it's right to base our attack around an ancient player who has never been a prolific scorer.

We need to be looking long term and I would like to see us looking at a modern type approach like a 4-2-3-1 with Little on his own in attack and the likes of Templeton, Shiels and McKay behind him.

We should be using these seasons in low leagues to build a team and philosophy.

I would agree with that.

I liked how the 4-2-3-1 worked the other night to be honest and that would be my preferred formation going forward, so long as the "3" is covered in attacking players - the "3" should be Templeton, McKay and either Shiels or Little in my opinion - with the one being the other between Shiels and Little unless and until Sandaza gets fit and interested.

I am not sure I would play Little up top - not because I dont think he can do it but because he has done a great job playing wide right and making that defence splitting run at the perfect moment, just like Naismith did. I reckon that we could get the most out of Little, both in terms of performance AND goals, if he plays that advanced role on the right.

Which would mean playing Shiels up top or dropping McKay which would be a shame.

One thing though, all of a sudden we have plenty of attacking options, something we didnt have last season.

I like the 4-2-3-1 for a number of reasons, one being that you create 4 banks of players instead of 3 bansk which will cut off supply to the other team, provides cover for the defence, will suit Black's style of play and, given the attacking players we have will suit us going forward too.

I know we have only performed at home this season but the squad as it now stands leaves me with much hope that we are about to see a different type of football played and I, for one, hope Ally sticks with this 4-2-3-1 formation because it is more attacking than it sounds whilst also providing defensive cover.

If you look at the other night, Faure was one of the holding midfielders but also very nearly scored a screamer so they still will get forward on occasion.

My vote is for the 4-2-3-1 but recognise that at times we will need to deploy 3 at the back owing to personnel.

I find it somewhat disheartening that Little is 24 next year yet is only now getting his chance. He obviously is a decent player but has just been poorly used. We seem afraid to give 17-21 year olds any real chance.

It's the same with Jordan MacMillan, he's 24 in a couple of months and half his career has basically been wasted.

We could do with him just now. The top players in the continent all tend to get their chances young and it helps them develop massively...would Messi and co be the same players if they sat on the bench until they were 23?

I find it somewhat disheartening that Little is 24 next year yet is only now getting his chance. He obviously is a decent player but has just been poorly used. We seem afraid to give 17-21 year olds any real chance.

It's the same with Jordan MacMillan, he's 24 in a couple of months and half his career has basically been wasted.

We could do with him just now. The top players in the continent all tend to get their chances young and it helps them develop massively...would Messi and co be the same players if they sat on the bench until they were 23?

he is technically very poor.

no.

I find it somewhat disheartening that Little is 24 next year yet is only now getting his chance. He obviously is a decent player but has just been poorly used.

Andy Little has had his share of injury problems, some of which have been serious injuries such as the knee ligament injury last year shortly after he went to Port Vale on loan.

McCulloch is the Jerome Rothen of the left midfield area, the Egil Ostenstad of strikers and the Boab Malcolm of holding players.

Your obvious hatred (jealousy? wish I was him?) attitude towards Jig leaves your arguement lacking in any credibility. But when did skill and amount of goals scored etc come into play when choosing a Rangers captain? Wasn't the greatest ever Ranger our greatest ever captain also - John Greig? Skillfull? Prolific? Did Davie Weir in more recent times have those attributes? Your arguement doesn't stand up. Oh fuck this doplimacy - you are clueless as to the history as to what makes a Rangers captain. End of.