Chairman or CEO?

Where does the power lie within clubs?

Last regime it was the Chairman that called all the shots and the CEO done all the dirty work.

Now we have a Chairman that does hew haw as far as I'm concerned and a CEO that is actively doing all the work.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is in terms of power etc or to put a point together what does Malcolm Murray actually do?

Well our last two chairmen owned 85% of the club so big difference there already, we have no owner like that now.

I'm sure Malcolm Murray does plenty, in terms of attracting investment and day to day running, he's got the Man Utd experience as well remember. I think you're jumping to conclusions about him doing 'hew haw' because unlike Charles Green he's obviously not keen on the spotlight.

is there a reason then Green is not Chairman then? Excuse my ignorance but which one holds the power over the company.

I am not business orientated.

Well Green was CEO at Sheffield Utd so seems to be the job he prefers.

They've always said no-one holds full power in this consortium, if you're asking if the Chairman or CEO is more senior I don't honestly know. We're not really that different to Celtic now though, Lawwell has always seemed more active in the running of the club than their chairmen.

is there a reason then Green is not Chairman? Excuse my ignorance but which one holds the power over the company.

I am not business orientated.

A chairmen leads a boardroom meeting and normally is just a feel good position. You should think on a Queen bee and all the workers behind her. Green is the voice of Rangers.

A chairman has more power than CEO in terms of running the club strategically but the CEO has more control on the day to say running of a club.

It isn't always clear cut though.

But in normal terms the CEO will be a member of the Board of Directors but the leader of that Board is the Chairman, so in essence the Chairman stumps the CEO in terms of seniority.

Well our last two chairmen owned 85% of the club so big difference there already, we have no owner like that now.

Who appointed CG and MM then?

It's not meant to be a chicken / egg question btw :fish:

Also, I think you may have forgotten about AJ, but that's understandable.

Edited by UCF2008