Scotland v Macedonia

Ridiculous. He is coming away with silly excuses like we are only 2 points off the top. But he forgets we've still to play these teams away plus the 2 best teams Croatia and Belgium at home.

What a waste of a campaign already. Easiest group we've had in maybe 20 years and this imposter blows it.

Edited by Gribz

People are talking about Strachan as a replacement. Personally, he is a far worse manager even than Levein.

Regardless of who we appoint, this squad of players won't amount to anything to be honest.

I really think all British nations should be pushing a lot of their top young players to foreign clubs if they want the home nations to improve. These foreign players just run rings around the UK players in terms of ball retention, skill, attitude.

I've also heard it said that Walter should come back. Sorry but again, that's a terrible idea. Scotland have had enough negative tactics in recent years, just focusing on trying to pick up some points and not caring about a long term plan.

The only way Scotland are going to get remotely good again is to have a team of players that can keep the ball and amounts attacks. International football is very tight and is often a long, drawn out affair where the victor shades it by a goal or two just by winning the possession battle.

PS - I have also heard big Eck mentioned. If I have to watch his brand of football again I will seriously chuck it.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

Anyone of these would bring a much bigger improvement.

Steve Clarke

Graeme Souness

Gordon Strachan

Walter Smith

Gary McAllister (as a No.2)

Stuart McCall

Paul Lambert

Joe Jordan

Kenny Dalglish

George Graham

For the last 12 months Ive barely recognised players in the squad but after seeing the squads for the last 2 matches and knowing Commons, Brown, Black, Wallace, D Fletcher and S Fletcher could be added to it then I actually think its a pretty good young squad and someone with decent tactical knowledge would have won both games.

Anyone of these would bring a much bigger improvement.

Steve Clarke

Graeme Souness

Gordon Strachan

Walter Smith

Gary McAllister (as a No.2)

Stuart McCall

Paul Lambert

Joe Jordan

Kenny Dalglish

George Graham

For the last 12 months Ive barely recognised players in the squad but after seeing the squads for the last 2 matches and knowing Commons, Brown, Black, Wallace, D Fletcher and S Fletcher could be added to it then I actually think its a pretty good young squad and someone with decent tactical knowledge would have won both games.

Commons, Brown, Black, Wallace and Darren Fletcher wouldn't make a huge difference. Black would certainly help as he is actually a proper central midfielder but these players are no marks compared to what the Croatians and Belgians have.

I'd agree with Steven Fletcher as he's actually a player that performs in the big leagues.

As for your managers, Steve Clarke just got a job in the EPL and has little experience as a number 1, Souness has been out the game for years and did terribly in his later roles, Strachan is dire, Smith will play even more negative football, McCall isn't really proven against decent opposition, Lambert isn't available but would be a great shout, Joe Jordan (really??), Dalglish (really??), George Graham (when did he last have success?)

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

Ridiculous. He is coming away with silly excuses like we are only 2 points off the top. But he forgets we've still to play these teams away plus the 2 best teams Croatia and Belgium at home.

What a waste of a campaign already. Easiest group we've had in maybe 20 years and this imposter blows it.

Disagree, its actually one of the most competitive and most teams will drop points but we should have taken at least 4 points and he is coming away with that BS. The last group barring Spain should have been easy but we botched that one up, although the Czech's did cheat.

Taking Celtic out of the CL group stages twice. Winning the SPL 3 times in a row. Far worse than Levein?

His progression in Europe was down to sheer luck and had nothing to do with his ability.

His success in the SPL largely had no credible opposition.

Outside Celtic he's been a no mark and he got sacked from Boro.