england

Guest fozzy_bear

Ian you were a bit slow there it took you 42 posts to see that.;):D

Aye i know Pete, just trying to slow down to Colshys' level.

P.S. I've not been on for a while, just catching up, OOPS ! i should've asked the nutter if i could have an opinion :)

I think you would - know a few personally who love to see Scotland doing well

Cammy F

Scotland are not even on most English people's radar except when they want to ridicule us. They rarely even know when we've played or what the score was.

They usually see us as Mickey Mouse and not worth thinking about.

They are so nice to us that when they are thrashing a team they sing "Are you Scotland in disguise." Funny how they forget we played them off the park in the last game between the nations.

Scotland are not even on most English people's radar except when they want to ridicule us. They rarely even know when we've played or what the score was.

They usually see us as Mickey Mouse and not worth thinking about.

They are so nice to us that when they are thrashing a team they sing "Are you Scotland in disguise." Funny how they forget we played them off the park in the last game between the nations.

Not the English people I know Calscot - like I said, maybe the ones I know are all liars....:rolleyes:

As for singing 'Are You Scotland In Disguise' - I think that ist ironic but funny and very inoffensive. Maybe they should copy us and sing 'If You Hate The Fuckin Scottish Clap Your Hands', 'We Hate Archie McPherson, he's a poof, he's a poof', etc instead :rolleyes:

Cammy F

What? They are ENGLISH, commentating on ENGLAND games - get over it....

Cammy F

Yes but what about when they are disrespectful to Scotland? I remember the last time we were in the world cup we played in the prestigious opening game against the champions, Brazil. About 4 days later, England played their first game and the BBC commentator, broadcasting in Scotland, says, "And the world cup starts here!"

If the English had to put up with what we have to, say from a German centric European TV monopoly, we'd have left the EC by now.

Yes but what about when they are disrespectful to Scotland? I remember the last time we were in the world cup we played in the prestigious opening game against the champions, Brazil. About 4 days later, England played their first game and the BBC commentator, broadcasting in Scotland, says, "And the world cup starts here!"

That is the BBC's fault, not the commentators. Off course, for them, the World Cup did start then. It was their countries first game - what else would you expect them to say?

Cammy F

Not the English people I know Calscot - like I said, maybe the ones I know are all liars....:rolleyes:

As for singing 'Are You Scotland In Disguise' - I think that ist ironic but funny and very inoffensive. Maybe they should copy us and sing 'If You Hate The Fuckin Scottish Clap Your Hands', 'We Hate Archie McPherson, he's a poof, he's a poof', etc instead :rolleyes:

Cammy F

From what you say, the one's you meet are in Scotland and so are probably a bit more enlightened and also a bit more polite...

How can the English hate Scotland? - "It's got some of the nicest scenery in England..."

That's probably the main difference - they think Scotland is a backwater that's part of England and we know we have a proud history.

Do you know I've had arguments here about the existance of an English passport. Half the people here think they actually have one!

That is the BBC's fault, not the commentators. Off course, for them, the World Cup did start then. It was their countries first game - what else would you expect them to say?

Cammy F

No Cammy, the world cup started days before. I expect them to tell the truth. You keep saying how English people like Scotland, the reason they said it is not only that they are arrogant but they also don't even think about Scotland.

They should know that Scots are watching and be a bit more respectful. They should also be a bit more respectful to a far better footballing nation than them in the form of Brazil.

All they needed to say was "And England's world cup starts here". But their general arrogance coupled with disrespect for another British nation came through, oh so easily.

I dislike hearing booing during national anthems in general even if its Saudi Arabia v Cuba, its something i dont like to hear.

I agree and it's something that the TA are pretty bad at, as are the ever xenophobic English.

And Rangers fans are also no better when they boo the names of all the players of the opposing team when they are announced over the tannoy at friendlies.

From what you say, the one's you meet are in Scotland and so are probably a bit more enlightened and also a bit more polite...

Nope, a mixture of English who live and or work up here, some who still reside in England and others who have moved abroad.

How can the English hate Scotland? - "It's got some of the nicest scenery in England..."

That's probably the main difference - they think Scotland is a backwater that's part of England and we know we have a proud history.

Do you know I've had arguments here about the existance of an English passport. Half the people here think they actually have one!

Never met an English person who has thought like this, or said anything similar. Met a few Americans who did tho..

No Cammy, the world cup started days before. I expect them to tell the truth. You keep saying how English people like Scotland, the reason they said it is not only that they are arrogant but they also don't even think about Scotland.

Yip the World Cup started a few days before, but for England it started on their first game. For me, this UEFA Cup 'starts' when Rangers become involved, not before. Can't see the difference.

They should know that Scots are watching and be a bit more respectful. They should also be a bit more respectful to a far better footballing nation than them in the form of Brazil.

Just can't see how they are being disrespectful here. They are English and their World Cup was starting then - simple as that really.

All they needed to say was "And England's world cup starts here". But their general arrogance coupled with disrespect for another British nation came through, oh so easily.

True, but they didn't - I wouldn't hold it against them for 8 years tho...

Cammy F

I agree and it's something that the TA are pretty bad at, as are the ever xenophobic English.

And Rangers fans are also no better when they boo the names of all the players of the opposing team when they are announced over the tannoy at friendlies.

So surely the TA are 'ever xenophobic' as well then... :rolleyes:

Cammy F