england

Guest fozzy_bear

Difference is the English media broadcast to the whole of the UK, whereas ours is only regional.

They have a responsibility to be less partial and biased because they're catering for 4 nations, not 1.

That's the difference.

What? They are ENGLISH, commentating on ENGLAND games - get over it....

Cammy F

Honestly, I must only meet the 'decent' English or ones that tell lies. I don't think I've ever met an English person whom I would call Anti-Scottish. Sure, a few of them give me a ribbing about being Scottish but I wouldn't expect anything else.

All the English people I know (friends, family, work-mates, people on holiday) are all very decent and all have good things to say about Scotland, the Scottish people and the ones interested in sports, or sports teams.

Off course, when Scotland meet England they all want England to win - that is obvious.

As for the English media, who are we to complain about media. Its hardly like we have the most ballances, unbiased madia.

Cammy F

Yeah i was exagerating a bit. I too know some english who want scots to do ok at times, and il give the likes of Chris Moyles his due, he backs scotland on radio 1 whenever they play.

But i have seen a lot more people wanted the scots hammered and that we're called jock bassa's and haggis munchers.

Another that puts me off them was stuart pearce at euro 96 refusing to shake the scots players hands and wembley booing the FOS.

Cammy F

I touched on this on another thread.

Its the fault of the bosses of ITV and BBC not the commentators. Obviously they are english fans and want england to win, but its the BBC and ITV who should remember they are broadcasting to 4 nations so they should remind the commentators

Yeah i was exagerating a bit. I too know some english who want scots to do ok at times, and il give the likes of Chris Moyles his due, he backs scotland on radio 1 whenever they play.

But i have seen a lot more people wanted the scots hammered and that we're called jock bassa's and haggis munchers.

Another that puts me off them was stuart pearce at euro 96 refusing to shake the scots players hands and wembley booing the FOS.

Gribz, the English fans are only responding to the Scotland fans. I am ashamed to say that Scotland fans BOOED GSTQ, so why shouldn't the English BOO FOS? (maybe they don't like folk music :D ).

England fans only really started singing songs about Scotland a few years ago - its a recent fad and maybe to do with the English finally finding some degree of national (with a small n) pride.

I touched on this on another thread.Its the fault of the bosses of ITV and BBC not the commentators. Obviously they are english fans and want england to win, but its the BBC and ITV who should remember they are broadcasting to 4 nations so they should remind the commentators

Agreed and I would hope that if Scottish commentators were braodcasting to a UK audience, they would still be pro-Scottish. I don't have a problem with them being pro-English, thay are English after all.....!

Cammy F

Gribz, the English fans are only responding to the Scotland fans. I am ashamed to say that Scotland fans BOOED GSTQ, so why shouldn't the English BOO FOS? (maybe they don't like folk music :D ).

England fans only really started singing songs about Scotland a few years ago - its a recent fad and maybe to do with the English finally finding some degree of national (with a small n) pride.

Agreed and I would hope that if Scottish commentators were braodcasting to a UK audience, they would still be pro-Scottish. I don't have a problem with them being pro-English, thay are English after all.....!

Cammy F

Im glad we finally agree on something with this topic :D

I also agree that I also only started hearing english fans sing about scotland recently (euro 96 onwards), while i admit we sing about england since as long as i can remember.

I dislike hearing booing during national anthems in general even if its Saudi Arabia v Cuba, its something i dont like to hear.

Cammy F

They're also supposed to be impartial and professional. Do Scotland, Wales, and Norn Iron not count?

so, if you don`t give a fuck about them then stop harking on about them then:confused:

Because there is always someone who always asks the question. Which is getting a bit pathetic now.

Why should anyone bar and Englishman/woman support England?

As for some English supporting Scotland, big deal. Some Scots do support England. Why the fuckig Hoo Haa.... every fucking time we fail to qualify they always stick the guilt trip on us.... sorry but I am adult enough to know who I want to support - Rangers and Scotland are my teams...

No wonder your confused Colsh, because you get the smae answer every time and you don't really like that do you! :rolleyes:

so, if you don`t give a fuck about them then stop harking on about them then:confused:

Colshy i'm begining to agree with everybody on here, YOU'RE A NUTTER...!!!!.

If i want to go on about anything i will, i suppose i could ask your permision first.......!!!!!! NOT.Try and be constructive not an arsehole but i suppose that's just asking too much.

Colshy i'm begining to agree with everybody on here, YOU'RE A NUTTER...!!!!.

If i want to go on about anything i will, i suppose i could ask your permision first.......!!!!!! NOT.Try and be constructive not an arsehole but i suppose that's just asking too much.

Ian you were a bit slow there it took you 42 posts to see that.;):D