Liam McLeod's biased commentary

I couldn’t make the game last night (Daddy duties...) so I had to watch the game on BBC Scotland. I’ve never really been the uber paranoid type but IMO last night’s commentary by Liam McLeod was quite bias. I have to be honest I am not that aware of Mr McLeod or his commentating talents (apart from the odd highlight snippet on the BBC website) but some of his comments last night were odd.

Throughout the game there seemed to be an overriding sense of him almost willing Motherwell to score in his tone and his delivery. His obvious lack of neutrality must have got him slightly confused as one minute he was reminding us that we were a 3rd division team and then after we scored he couldn’t help remind everyone that we pay more wages than Motherwell. Make up your mind Liam... He also added the curious line into “rightly or wrongly Rangers pay more wages” into that particular passage. Rightly or wrongly? I’m confused? What is wrong with paying players decent wages that have been generated by 35,000 season ticket sales? Just because Motherwell have poor ticket sales means we have to pay similiar wages? Would he use the same phrasing when Celtic play as their wage bill is astronomical? Doubt it

I also had to laugh when he mentioned the attendance. Instead of highlighting the size of the crowd (for a 3rd tier midweek televised cup game with an early kick-off ) and praising the Gers fans he falls over himself to mention the 900 Motherwell fan that turned up as if it was some amazing show of loyalty!? That really made me mad for 2 reasons. The first being that the Motherwell fans only turned up to see their side maybe beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time in donks. Secondly, Rangers crowd was more than all the previous nights games combined but hey that was overlooked.

I know there are Gers fans out there that are queuing up just to be “offended” by anything but I’m not one of them. I think of myself as a level headed, open minded and objective kind of guy but McLeod’s commentary was an eye opener to say the least.

Edited by Max Rebo's Big Blue Nose

You're not the first person I've read who has said basically the same thing and coming from you I can't put it down to uber sensiitivity. The guy has a long history of talking up whoever is playing Rangers. Most of the BBC do it but maybe he just isn't intelligent enough to rally hide his disdain for us.

It now really amuses me, our detractors are hurting and will continue to hurt as we march on towards title 55. Let the greeting continue!

Watched the game again when I came home and I totally agree Max, you would've thought once we were pumped down the leagues they would give us a break but its still the same old crap. Especially the one you mention with the rightly or wrongly crap about wages :fuming: woke the wife up shouting at the TV.

Although it was nice to watch the the panels faces at full time.

Watched the game again when I came home and I totally agree Max, you would've thought once we were pumped down the leagues they would give us a break but its still the same old crap. Especially the one you mention with the rightly or wrongly crap about wages :fuming: woke the wife up shouting at the TV.

Although it was nice to watch the the panels faces at full time.

I actually thought wee Nevin was quite complimentary about the team and the fans etc. Maybe I heard wrongly?? Anyway McLeod was a disgrace. He should be made to explain his "rightly or wrongly" comment IMO. WTF was he implying by this?

I actually thought wee Nevin was quite complimentary about the team and the fans etc. Maybe I heard wrongly?? Anyway McLeod was a disgrace. He should be made to explain his "rightly or wrongly" comment IMO. WTF was he implying by this?

That we cheat pure and simple, he obviously thinks that we shouldn't be allowed to pay or players so much money in Div3.

BBC Scotland has as many Aberdeen supporters as Yahoos.

Liam McLeod, Rheinhart Gordon, Jonathon Sutherland, Michael Grant, Rob McLean, .................................. etc are all Dandy Dons.

Remember, a couple of seasons past and Abergreen are being skelped 9-zip at ra Stydome and those cuddly Red Ultras are chorusing, 'we hate Rangers more than you'.

In terms of the derivation of the complete and utter hatred for our club displayed these last several months, I suggest folks attempt to view an Aberdeen 'zine from 25 years past, 'the Nothern Light'. It ran for a decade or so, was A4 size, and had excellent production. It habitually depicted Rangers supporters with wire coat hangers protruding from our heads, failed abortions. Seriously, 90% of what has become accepted humour on Only an Excuse, Cowan and Cosgrove, Naked Radio, .....etc emanated from the Nothern Light(filtered through Not the View).

Everything you say about that idiot is spot on, I've been on here many times slating the c**t, I can't say much about his pish last night as I watched the game on a stream last night with NO commentary - just the sound of the crowd - with my headphones on, highly recommended when Rangers are live on BBC.

He is a biased bastard who apparently supports Aberdeen, but hates Rangers and it shows.

Other than that his skills as a match commentator are cringe worthy, he must be cheap, cheap enough for the miserly BBC Scotland I suppose. The c*nt is an absolute joke and should be shipped to the dole queue.

Everything you say about that idiot is spot on, I've been on here many times slating the c**t, I can't say much about his pish last night as I watched the game on a stream last night with NO commentary - just the sound of the crowd - with my headphones on, highly recommended when Rangers are live on BBC.

He is a biased bastard who apparently supports Aberdeen, but hates Rangers and it shows.

Other than that his skills as a match commentator are cringe worthy, he must be cheap, cheap enough for the miserly BBC Scotland I suppose. The c*nt is an absolute joke and should be shipped to the dole queue.

BTW Cheers for the heads up on the no commnetary tip mate. Appreciate it