UK Live First For RTV

RANGERS TV is leading the way again by announcing that fans in the UK as well as overseas will be able to enjoy live coverage of next monthâ??s league game with East Stirlingshire.

Non-UK fans watch Rangers live every week on our online TV channel but now supporters all over the British Isles will be able to enjoy the action in another first for the club.

The Light Blues led the way in 2009 when they became the first football club in the UK to launch a dedicated online TV station and then again in 2011 when Rangers were the first club in Britain to show an SPL game and Europa League qualifier live worldwide.

Now, on Saturday November 17, the Club will once again lead the way with another league match shown live in the UK and overseas.

The game is not live on SKY or ESPN but will be available live on RangersTV.tv inside and outside the UK at a special pay per view price of £5.99 while Rangers TV Plus customers will receive the game for FREE.

RangersTV Plus packages also include access to all RangersTV programming, on demand matches, player features, and unique feature programming. RangersTV Plus monthly subscriptions are available for £12 and annual subscriptions for £96, supporters can subscribe HERE.

The Club hopes that further games will be available on RangersTV domestically for future away games which are not televised within the SPL/Sky/ESPN deal.

Rangers Chief Executive Charles Green commented: â??It is fantastic news that Rangers fans in the UK and overseas who are unable to get an away ticket for the match at Ochilview in November will be able to watch it live on RangersTV.tv.

â??Subscribing to the Clubâ??s online TV channel will generate funds that will go back to Rangers at the same time as following the team.

â??We always broadcast our games live to overseas fans and now we are pleased to offer our UK fan base the chance to see our live service, starting with the East Stirlingshire game next month. I would like to thank the SFL and East Stirlingshire for their help and co-operation on this matter.â?

Fans can sign up or find out more information on the range of packages available on RangersTV by clicking HERE.

RangersTV - Weâ??re in a different league!

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2353-uk-live-first-for-rtv

They've not managed to recreate the audio commentary feature (essentially the sound from the RTV game is screened live all over the world instantly, while the video is delayed till midnight or 3 hours after the game for non-UK residents) just yet. And for "watch the games as they are played (outside the UK only)" feature they charge Dollar 299 per season ... as opposed to 49 pounds per season with a 3 hour delayed showing. Where's the balance here?

Bit expensive for a stream - you'd expect that for a TV feed. I'd say £3 would be about right. I've paid for streams before and been shafted by either the server or some where in the internet chain. Streams are unreliable and generally poor quality compared to TV and so should be cheap in comparison which is why people try to get them for free.

Same with music, make it cheap enough instead of a rip off and most people will start to pay.

For football you really want to be able to watch it on a big telly with decent definition. Even the quality of Love Film Instant or Netflix would be a start - and a way to watch it in a similar way via your blu ray or telly.

I'll pay it but not impressed with the pricing. If they brought out a Setanta type service of live games on Sky with 20 live games a season, I'd be happy to pay what Setanta charged - a tenner a month or £100 a year. Unfortunately that's what they charge for the full online service which gives the game after midnight - and without even an extended highlights package - who's got time to watch 90 mintutes after midnight?

If they want a big uptake they really need to think about it more.

I've paid 34 pounds for the annual RangersTV.tv subscription, getting Rangers TV News, but more importantly the audio commentary for nigh all matches. You do miss this service after being that close to the action for the best part what, 5 or 6 years now. But they are only starting life with the new provider / equipment, so one can wait a little longer before spending money and, well, ... we live in the 21st century.

They've not managed to recreate the audio commentary feature (essentially the sound from the RTV game is screened live all over the world instantly, while the video is delayed till midnight or 3 hours after the game for non-UK residents) just yet. And for "watch the games as they are played (outside the UK only)" feature they charge Dollar 299 per season ... as opposed to 49 pounds per season with a 3 hour delayed showing. Where's the balance here?

I am more than happy to pay my $300 for the games LIVE. I dont have the patience to wait for the "As live" version.

Just a personal preference.

£300 for watching a stream is a total rip-off and exploitation of ex-pats - even a season ticket is cheaper these days...

It isnt 300 quid, as Zappa says. It is US$300 for the season.