Working Group meeting with FoCUS

Thanks BlueDell. I wonder do the mainstream media have reps at FOCUS or is it all private? I know they like to perpetuate the myth we are all bigots etc but I just want to see if they are aware of the good work being done.

Do other clubs have reps at this meeting? Sorry I'm quite unaware about the FOCUS stuff, so yeah a website will be helpful

As BD says, FoCUS is the arm of the Police set up to deal with the anti-sectarian law that came into being in March this year. Other clubs have had meetings with FoCUS officers, and the Rangers Fans Working Group has been having meetings with FoCUS for around a year now. The mainstream media is not all that interested in the work of FoCUS because the stats show Rangers to be amongst the best behaved supporters in the country, and FoCUS were on record as saying we were the most improved support of 2011-12.

During the meeting with these senior police officers( whom I refuse to refer to as FoCUS) did anyone bother to ask why they or their colleagues turn a blind eye to the goings-on at Celtic Park ( the banners & terrorsist songs) and their away games too ?

seems to me there's inconsistencies here needing addressed

You want us to get away with singing shitty songs?

Well, I don't. I want us to sing songs about our fabulous history and our club legends, I don't want to hear about Popes, IRA or King Billy.

If the Tims want to sing about the old country and its bloody past, then let them. The playground mentality helps no one and only gives people ammunition to use against us.

Fuck Celtic and fuck their songs.

You want us to get away with singing shitty songs?

Well, I don't. I want us to sing songs about our fabulous history and our club legends, I don't want to hear about Popes, IRA or King Billy.

If the Tims want to sing about the old country and its bloody past, then let them. The playground mentality helps no one and only gives people ammunition to use against us.

Fuck Celtic and fuck their songs.

Your missing the point again.

Can I ask how does the work group communicate with fan groups? Is there a group of say Ultra's that are pretty uncontrollable? How do you communicate with them?

The Working Group is made up of reps from the fans groups, supporters clubs and forums (including one from Gersnet). It is up to these reps to spread the word amongst their members, together with each statement being released to a contact list of around 200 RSC's and Groups/Forums, and being posted on the online forums.