Rangers Museum Petition

The reason I dislike the timing is that a: it coincides with the announcement of the share offer and b: I don't understand why any of us are talking about museums at this point in time because it signals a mindset of Rangers = History. Now, that's a good mindset given our history, but right now? Is it the best time?

The reason I dislike the timing is that a: it coincides with the announcement of the share offer and b: I don't understand why any of us are talking about museums at this point in time because it signals a mindset of Rangers = History. Now, that's a good mindset given our history, but right now? Is it the best time?

There are reasons for the timing. If what Green says is accurate then a portion of the IPO money will be set aside for stadium improvements and Edminston House. Either/both of these could potentially incorporate a museum but are very unlikely to unless we raise it with the club.

Also I think we felt that with our history still under attack in certain quarters it would make a clear statement that we have been here for 140 years and are not going anywhere. It's something we should have already - the fans, in my opinion, need to start making their voice heard.

Was talking to my older Sons who have been in and around the trophy room and the stadium on a fair few occasions and they thought it was great, but like all young folk these days they wanted something interactive that actually showed them the history as well as just listening to it.

We have a great chance here to build something that will last for generations hope we don't mess it up like we normally do.

less than 1000 signatures so far is very poor. i think it needs more publicity. why would the target be only 1000 when we have over 5 million fans allegedly?

Just under 1000 signatures in two days is "very poor"? Right you are.

Just under 1000 signatures in two days is "very poor"? Right you are.

is it not 4 days? i thought i saw it on the 9th or 10th of this month. i was more interested in why whoever set it up where looking for only 1000 signatures. no need to get offended. and yeah, 2 days, 4 days, 1000 is poor from a support of millions.

We could have set a goal for 5million signatures but that wouldn't be realistic given only a small percentage post online which is where we've aimed for to start with.

In addition,from my own experience, getting a few hundred bears online to agree on specific issues is pretty difficult and given TRS is quite a new project, it was difficult to know what kind of number to aim for as we're not completely sure of our demographic (plenty 'neutrals' read our site).

Ergo, to reach over 1000 in a few days (~60 hours) isn't bad going. We've revised the figure to 5000 and I think that's reasonable enough given it's clear some people won't agree with it being set up or may not agree with the aims behind it.

That's the beauty of opinions. We all have one and we're all entitled to it. :)