Tom English on Green

Just to be fair , it states on the sfl site what the squad requirements are , it was also widely reported that our holding players registrations would affect us

When the transfer window slammed closed we were actually still several players (3 or 4 IIRC) short of our allowed/permitted quota of over 21's even taking into account the registrations of the players who were still technically registered to us at the SFA. I remember working it out and talking about it on here at the time.

I don't remember ANYONE but Tom saying that we have 500m potential customers. I think Green actually mentioned 5m, but why let the truth get in the way of a Rangers bashing story.

The 500m figure was supposedly mentioned in one of his presentations to fans at Ibrox recently. I think it was the meeting with fans on the Thursday night before the RST AGM on the Friday. The presentation mentioned that we currently have a worldwide fanbase of 5m, but that 500m could 'watch' our games. This was part of the same presentation where it was said that RFC believes we can generate £100M per year in 'media rights'. There was quite a lot of other pie in the sky nonsense in the presentation. I'm not sticking up for Tom English, but to fair to him, it wasn't he who plucked the wacky 500m figure out of the ether.