Tom English on Green

Its intresting that some of the smaller clubs who took our ex-players have slowly but surely acknowledged that we are due fees with Sheffield Wednesday being the latest. Clubs dont give money away for nothing so its looking more and more likely that CG was correct that we owned the player registrations and the clubs who so far have failed to pay us like Everton are breaking the rules and i hope we challange them on this.

There's a tribunal going on to determine a fee for Naismith.

Guest Elephants Stoned
There's a tribunal going on to determine a fee for Naismith.

I wasnt aware of that, just strengthens Charles Greens point that we are entitled to a fee, hopefully we get a decent amount although pre-admin i would of expected £6million + for him, cant see us getting more than a million now but that million would be vital for us.

I would imagine it is all part of the legal battle of what the club owns and what the financial company owns. If I am going to be 100% honest then if we expect money for Naismith then we really need to pay the owed money for Jelavic. I would say we are morally obliged to pay that.

Guest Elephants Stoned
I would imagine it is all part of the legal battle of what the club owns and what the financial company owns. If I am going to be 100% honest then if we expect money for Naismith then we really need to pay the owed money for Jelavic. I would say we are morally obliged to pay that.

I would agree with that i dont like us owing money to anybody and its fair enough that Rapid get they're money.

Have Everton paid for Jelavic yet?

Can Tom English do basic arithmetic?

He's trying to say that Green expects 500m people to pay £2 a go for our games and that would bring in £100m a season. Multiply 500m by £2 and you get £1b per game! At say 50 games a season that would be £50b a year. Or is he just talking complete shite to riducule Rangers?

For £100m a year you'd need say 1m people paying £100 per season and while that doesn't look very likely it's 0.2% of the uptake that English is talking about.

I don't remember ANYONE but Tom saying that we have 500m potential customers. I think Green actually mentioned 5m, but why let the truth get in the way of a Rangers bashing story. Poor, badly researched reporting that doesn't even pass the common sense test.

It also irritated me that he was writing about Rangers at all yesterday - it is the international break, another world cup campaign grinds to a halt, the manager's future is in doubt and English is writing about Rangers?

As always mate, the only show in town!