Imran Ahmed and Craig Mather now employed by Rangers

RANGERS have announced two new appointments in terms of the corporate structure involving existing director Imran Ahmad and one of the founder investor Craig Mather.

Imran Ahmad has joined the Club as Commercial Director and will be responsible for generating and developing new business and investment opportunities.

Craig Mather has been appointed as Director of Sports Development and will assist the Club in reviewing the overall organisational structure and assume financial responsibilities for Murray Park.

Charles Green said today: â??My roles have been stretching me to the limit and certainly the commercial side is something we want to improve upon.

â??Imran has been alongside from the start and he knows where we want to take the club. He is a very experienced hand and someone I trust completely.

â??For Imran to leave his post at Zeus to join us is a very good step for the club.

â??The other key members of the senior management team have been working with him since May so itâ??s not as if we have brought some off the street with no knowledge of the people and the culture of the club.

â??In terms of Craig, he signed a cheque for £1million and was one of the founder investors. He has particular interest in youth development and Murray Park is a big cost centre for the club.

â??I think there have been issues that we need to address in terms of how the club manages its affairs, how we use the cash that comes in and of course where we are going to spend the money that we are now raising in the market.

â??Craig is completely independent. He has come in as an investor and he is looking at things completely objectively.

â??When a man signs over £1million from his own bank account then I think he is entitled to have a look at what he has invested in.

â??We would certainly like to appoint more people to the board and part of the IPO process will be to enlist more non-executive directors and their role is about governance to make sure that people like Imran, Brian Stockbridge and myself are working to the model code and looking after the shareholdersâ?? interests.

â??They can also give us a balanced opinion and that will be important to shareholders.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...c-appointments

Does this mean he funds all youth development ? Or everything that happens there?

'Craig Mather has been appointed as Director of Sports Development and will assist the Club in reviewing the overall organisational structure and assume financial responsibilities for Murray Park.'

What are the ways he can profit from this?

Does this mean he funds all youth development ? Or everything that happens there?

'Craig Mather has been appointed as Director of Sports Development and will assist the Club in reviewing the overall organisational structure and assume financial responsibilities for Murray Park.'

What are the ways he can profit from this?

Murray Park used to be a stand alone company from Rangers, I've no idea if it still is I doubt it very much. So any money made by the sale of a player from Murray Park stayed in Murray Park or if a first team player was sold who came through Murray Park a share went to Murray Park. I would think he would try to get this structure back in place.