Leggat - Herald And BBC In Celtic Cover-Up

THE fiercely anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic Herald â?? where Odious Creep is employed â?? stands accused of a massive cover up to protect Celtic owner Dermot Desmond.

And it should come as no surprise to anyone that BBC Scotland, another media outlet which hates all things Rangers and slavers over Celtic, is also in on the shocking Dermot Desmond cover up.

The story whch the Herald and BBC Scotland are ignoring first aired as a stunning nationwide BBC exclusive on Panorama. The tale concerned the abuse of residents of the Castlebeck Care Home.

Last week jail sentences were handed down to the low life scum who committed acts of abuse on old and vulnerable people who were placed in their care.

The Herald carried the story. Or at least some of the story. For, although the Castlebeck Care Home is in England, there is a Scottish link.

Normally one of the first things a news editor asks when a major national story breaks south of the border is whether or not his news team can put a kilt on it.

Itâ??s jargon for finding a way to give the story a Scottish angle.

Well, there was certainly a Scottish angle to this tale of terror and abuse of old, ill, confused and vulnerable people. And the trail led straight to the door of the boardroom at Parkhead.

For the company which owns the Castlebeck Care Home is called Lydian Capital. Not a very Scottish name, I admit. But who owns Lydian Capital? Who are its investors?

It does not take the reporting skills of â??WoodSteinâ?? to uncover the fact that one of its investors is none other than Celticâ??s major shareholder and the clubâ??s most influential figure, Dermot Desmond.

Yet nowhere in the Herald report was this significant and local fact, which would have been of interest to the public, if not in the public interest, reported.

Why?

Now, not for a moment am I suggesting that Dermot Desmond had any knowledge of the crimes being committed by the cowardly thugs and bullies who worked for the company he invested in.

But as an old newsman, as an old hack, I cannot for a moment believe that even in an age when journalistic standards at the Herald have slipped so far its management has been forced into downgrading the ailing paperâ??s status to that of a wee local paper, nobody on the Herald editorial floor was aware of Dermot Desmondâ??s involvement in this care home scandal.

And as for BBC Scotland, that hotbed of hatred of all things Rangers, where such zealots as Cosgrove and Cowan pocket the taxpayersâ?? money?

When the story of the sentencing aired on the main national BBC Six Oâ??Clock News, I waited to see if BBC Scotlandâ??s flagship programme Reporting Scotland, would pick up on it and put a kilt on it.

I waited in vain. The cover up continued.

If the fact â?? and I stress this is a well documented and substantiated fact â?? that a Celtic director and the effective Celtic owner, Dermot Desmond, is also a major investor in a care home where vulnerable people have been attacked leading to carers being jailed, is not a story, then the news business has gone as potty as Alex Thomson.

Or if it is a story and is recognised as such, but is covered up in order to protect Dermot Desmond and Celtic, then the news business has gone bent.

I leave that judgment call for others to make.

In conclusion, however, I should like to pose one question.

Had the investor in the scandal hit care home had strong â??or even tenuous â?? links to another Scottish football club, Rangers for instance, do you think the Herald and BBC Scotland would have mentioned it?

Exactly!

Rest assured, had Green or anything Rangers to do with this, we would have known every last detail about it. The way of reporting these stories about us but not them is very obvious, not least to those not into it on a daily basis. There is open bias at the BBC and I wonder when Britney jumps on McNally's argument that TFS was sung yesterday, totally oblivious that it was actually Four men had a dream.

As I noted on Sunday morning, the BBC Sport Scottish Football page had a small link to the game report of the Hooped Horror's home defeat to Killie, when it was essentially THE shock result of the day if not weekend. Much like Bayern's first defeat of the season over here, also at home. Every minor local radio station had a report on that. And that sort impartiality goes on and on.

It's the whole bloody Scottish media, do we honestly think if a foreign investor of Rangers was caught up in a scandal or up to his eyes in Tax Evasion cases in his home country (Dave King) it wouldn't be headline news in Scotland and reported to make Rangers look bad.

The mHedia coverage in Scotland is biased,that is a fact we all know,so I think Leggat is correct in highlighting yet another sweep sweep job when it comes to the dark side. As has been said already if this had any Rangers connection you just know it would have been front page.

THE fiercely anti-Rangers and pro-Celtic Herald – where Odious Creep is employed – stands accused of a massive cover up to protect Celtic owner Dermot Desmond.

And it should come as no surprise to anyone that BBC Scotland, another media outlet which hates all things Rangers and slavers over Celtic, is also in on the shocking Dermot Desmond cover up.

The story whch the Herald and BBC Scotland are ignoring first aired as a stunning nationwide BBC exclusive on Panorama. The tale concerned the abuse of residents of the Castlebeck Care Home.

Last week jail sentences were handed down to the low life scum who committed acts of abuse on old and vulnerable people who were placed in their care.

The Herald carried the story. Or at least some of the story. For, although the Castlebeck Care Home is in England, there is a Scottish link.

Normally one of the first things a news editor asks when a major national story breaks south of the border is whether or not his news team can put a kilt on it.

It’s jargon for finding a way to give the story a Scottish angle.

Well, there was certainly a Scottish angle to this tale of terror and abuse of old, ill, confused and vulnerable people. And the trail led straight to the door of the boardroom at Parkhead.

For the company which owns the Castlebeck Care Home is called Lydian Capital. Not a very Scottish name, I admit. But who owns Lydian Capital? Who are its investors?

It does not take the reporting skills of ‘WoodStein’ to uncover the fact that one of its investors is none other than Celtic’s major shareholder and the club’s most influential figure, Dermot Desmond.

Yet nowhere in the Herald report was this significant and local fact, which would have been of interest to the public, if not in the public interest, reported.

Why?

Now, not for a moment am I suggesting that Dermot Desmond had any knowledge of the crimes being committed by the cowardly thugs and bullies who worked for the company he invested in.

But as an old newsman, as an old hack, I cannot for a moment believe that even in an age when journalistic standards at the Herald have slipped so far its management has been forced into downgrading the ailing paper’s status to that of a wee local paper, nobody on the Herald editorial floor was aware of Dermot Desmond’s involvement in this care home scandal.

And as for BBC Scotland, that hotbed of hatred of all things Rangers, where such zealots as Cosgrove and Cowan pocket the taxpayers’ money?

When the story of the sentencing aired on the main national BBC Six O’Clock News, I waited to see if BBC Scotland’s flagship programme Reporting Scotland, would pick up on it and put a kilt on it.

I waited in vain. The cover up continued.

If the fact – and I stress this is a well documented and substantiated fact – that a Celtic director and the effective Celtic owner, Dermot Desmond, is also a major investor in a care home where vulnerable people have been attacked leading to carers being jailed, is not a story, then the news business has gone as potty as Alex Thomson.

Or if it is a story and is recognised as such, but is covered up in order to protect Dermot Desmond and Celtic, then the news business has gone bent.

I leave that judgment call for others to make.

In conclusion, however, I should like to pose one question.

Had the investor in the scandal hit care home had strong –or even tenuous – links to another Scottish football club, Rangers for instance, do you think the Herald and BBC Scotland would have mentioned it?

Exactly!

what a load of piffle