Fair enough, but i would rather see any money we have spent on our problem, the problem being WE CANNOT DEFEND HIGH BALLS INTO THE BOX, buy a decent centre half or two.

Can't agree more Ian but at the same time if the engine isn't running well then the rest of the car can't run either.

Can't agree more Ian but at the same time if the engine isn't running well then the rest of the car can't run either.

I know exactly what you're saying mate, however i really believe if the defence was solid and we don't loose piss poor schoolboy goals our midfield is as good as anything in the SPL, you can turn round what you said and say a good defence allows the midfield to attack more not having to worry about defending

We need a decent centre half. With even Ferguson acknowledging the problem, surely the priority is a commanding, British, no-nonsense centre half. While its easy to give Hutton pelters, I think he could improve under someone who can organise the defence and is experienced enough to help young players like him through the game.

PLG and DM must sort out our defence as its been woeful for a couple of years now and its going to cost us.

Yeah fair enough Pete but there is another old adage that if you don't lose goals you dont lose games.

I would argue having a solid backline that doesn't leak goals make the players in front of them better. Why ? Because if the midfield are confident in their defence then they can play slightly looser with less pressure - it also means that the forwards don't feel as much pressure as they will feel 1 goal could win the game.

Right now there is NO confidence in the defence at all which means the midfield feel they have to protect more than they probably should and the forwards end up snatching at shots - they know that in each game 1 goal won't be enough.

I would like to see Brown at Ibrox too - but we are MORE in need of AT LEAST 1 CB - and I think we probably need 2 - because there aren't ANY of them at present that instill confidence.

PLG and DM must sort out our defence as its been woeful for a couple of years now and its going to cost us.

Mike, the sad thing is that it already HAS cost us. If you look at the games we have drawn or lost this season in the SPL because of bad goals conceded and took those awful goals back we would be an awful lot closer to Celtic than we are, and we would be well clear in 2nd place.

I certainly hope PLG realises how poor our central defence is and strengthens it with no-nonsense centre-halves, or at least ONE and another who is the more cultured passing CB. Surely he notices where our one major weakness is. he knows the game an awful lot more than we do so surely he sees it !

Quite simple......don't lose goals....don't lose games......the rest of the team can be worked on......when you build a team you do so by starting from the back...........but hey what do we know......we only pay our money every season,[game], and we don't know what we're talking about

Yeah fair enough Pete but there is another old adage that if you don't lose goals you dont lose games.

I would argue having a solid backline that doesn't leak goals make the players in front of them better. Why ? Because if the midfield are confident in their defence then they can play slightly looser with less pressure - it also means that the forwards don't feel as much pressure as they will feel 1 goal could win the game.

Right now there is NO confidence in the defence at all which means the midfield feel they have to protect more than they probably should and the forwards end up snatching at shots - they know that in each game 1 goal won't be enough.

I would like to see Brown at Ibrox too - but we are MORE in need of AT LEAST 1 CB - and I think we probably need 2 - because there aren't ANY of them at present that instill confidence.

I don't disagree with any of that the defence needs to be sorted first.(period)

I still do not think our midfield is anywhere near where we want to be and that is for me Adam. I don't rate him higher than a Dunfermline player. I think Brown has proven in the SPL what he can do and i think he can also do that in Europe. A foreign midfielder is always a risk if he can accept the Scottish culture.

OK Pete, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one as i'm needing another beer before i hit the sack................C'mon the GERS.....!!!!!!

I wasn't arguing Ian but agreeing, the defence is the priority but i think we need to improve the midfield as well.

Oh Yeh we need a striker as well.:sigh: