Rangers to pay jelavic debt

d&p told us green had agreed the creditors would get the old football money owed to us though

It was certainly the case with Green & co's CVA proposal, that part of the offer to creditors included the money due in from Jelavic, but was that also the case after the CVA proposal was rejected?

because we are Rangers. Because it's the right thing to do.

It doesn't matter a damn who owes us money, the fact is we owe money to different football clubs, small businesses and HMRC - and we should pay back every penny of what we owe, no matter how long it takes - because we are Rangers. Because it's the right thing to do.

The company, the legal entity which ran the club may have been dissolved and been dissolved because it was run by crooks and con artists, but the club was not dissolved.

Unless you believe that the Club *was* Murray and Whyte, unless you believe that Rangers was the company which was liquidated and therefore believe that Rangers, as we knew it, no longer exists, then you have to accept that the club has a moral obligation - never mind what the legal obligations may or may not be - we have a moral obligation to pay back those to whom we owe money - because we are Rangers. Because it's the right thing to do.

Guest Bluepeter9
Which makes the reading of this "news" a bit strange. Either it is old news or the facts Green delivered where only "theoretical" facts to be dealt with in the near future. What strikes me as odd from the beginning is that we were forced (and accepted) to pay some creditors (football debts) and some not (the rest, including HMRC). Sure, football clubs are different, but will those latter creditors see it that way too? Obviously, we were essentially co-erced/blackmailed by the SFA to agree to pay these debts, something I hope Green will hold as an ace up his sleeve in any future deals with the association et al.

I must admit I have always wondered why football depbts should be different - and one day all this will get tested in a court of law - but as organisations like the SFA/UEFA/FIFA control club registrations if they have a condition that says old debt must be hounoured to get a licence then football 'rules' and the laws of the land are in conflict but until challenged we have to conform.

Morally, I agree with you, of course it is the right thing to do, however, it is massively hypocritical of the SFA to withhold money from the Club but expect that we will pay every football debt. Surely they cannot have it both ways?