Now and the future

Your on the wrong forum for a post like this.

And the fact that it is total and utter nonsense.

Barca, the best team ever?? Not even Spanish Champions or CL winners/finalists, so not even close there.

They didnt have a go at the barca bottlers last night, they parked the bus totally and completely and looked to hit on the counter. Some shocking defending gifted them their goals which were both completely against the run of play, aded to the fact that barca played the whole game slower than a lee mcculloch run. it was dire to watch as a spectacle and would get football stopped.

You talk about our management being the problem for our poor home CL record, and worry about McCoist being in charge, despite the fact he has not managed us in the CL groups. Total nonsense.

You talk about Lennon setting his team up to have a go yet they hardly crossed the halfway line last night, nor in the game against Benfica at the Glitterdome. Total nonsense again.

I am concerned with this rush to praise the scum for their very lucky win against a desperately poor side on the night who couldnt get through a wall of players bunched up against their own 18 yard box for 90% of the game. It was a defence v attack training session which if replicated throughout the CL would soon see broadcasters pulling out of their lucrative tv deals. Nobody wants to watch the type of football the scum are playing in the CL, and it is even more galling to real football fans that it has been successful for them.

There was not quite the rush to praise only 5 years ago as we did a very similar thing to the scum, and ended up in a European final. You win nothing but 3 points for last night, and you assess success or failure at the end of the competition, not halfway through.

This is in the correct forum as the subject involves Rangers.

Many people would say this Barca team (which has more or less been the same crop for 5 or 6 years) is one of the best ever.

BTW Chelsea aren't EPL champs but are European champs so go figure.

As for Timmy's tactics, well i wouldn't call them smart but more of a means of forced upon them. It's like even when teams play Spain, they are so good with the ball you can't possibly expect to have a great deal of percentage of possession. C***** were lucky, i said that. I also said Barca weren't top of their game. But you still have to defend well and punish teams when you can. Anyone's anyone knows Barca are pish in the air and they were punished and they also leave themselves open at the back. But C***** obviously broke out with purpose...

You also haven't mentioned anything about the facts i've provided about our past results at home compared to theirs. What's your take on that?

Am I the only one that finds Barca's (and Spain for that matter) current brand of football slightly boring to watch? As much as i admire their tipy tapy style I do find it a bit tedious. How many crosses or shots did they have last night? Sometimes it's passing for passings sakes for me. Give me a team like AC Milan (circa late 80's-early 90's) anyday. Power' date=' skill and pace all rolled into one[/quote']

You happened to watch Bayern Munich destroying OSC Lille last night? They could easily have scored 8 or more and I was quite impressed ... and I am sure no Bayern fan myself.

You happened to watch Bayern Munich destroying OSC Lille last night? They could easily have scored 8 or more and I was quite impressed ... and I am sure no Bayern fan myself.

I saw the goals mate and they looked awesome. I like the German brand of football TBH. I also liked the look of Dortmund from what i've seen of them to. I just hate that the whole world now thinks that Barca's blueprint is the be all and end all of football. I wonder where Barca would be without Messi's 80 goals a season?

The best team in Europe at the moment imo and my tip to win the CL this year, they were robbed by Chelsea last year.

Edited by GovanAllan

I saw the goals mate and they looked awesome. I like the German brand of football TBH. I also liked the look of Dortmund from what i've seen of them to. I just hate that the whole world now thinks that Barca's blueprint is the be all and end all of football. I wonder where Barca would be without Messi's 80 goals a season?

Barca look good when they play at a very high tempo, which they very rarely do these days. That Barca team from last night is on the way out.

Am I the only one that finds Barca's (and Spain for that matter) current brand of football slightly boring to watch? As much as i admire their tipy tapy style I do find it a bit tedious. How many crosses or shots did they have last night? Sometimes it's passing for passings sakes for me. Give me a team like AC Milan (circa late 80's-early 90's) anyday. Power' date=' skill and pace all rolled into one[/quote']

Agreed the Red Star Belgrade team that we played in the early 90's was an amazing team too as was the Ajax team from the mid 90's. I like Barcelona, I like to watch them. But I prefer Real Madrid I think they are an all round better team.

The OP is a bit of an over reaction. Celtic got a good result last night that's it.

Rangers will rise again and our European glory nights wll return

Guest DietofWorms
This is in the correct forum as the subject involves Rangers.

Many people would say this Barca team (which has more or less been the same crop for 5 or 6 years) is one of the best ever.

BTW Chelsea aren't EPL champs but are European champs so go figure.

As for Timmy's tactics, well i wouldn't call them smart but more of a means of forced upon them. It's like even when teams play Spain, they are so good with the ball you can't possibly expect to have a great deal of percentage of possession. C***** were lucky, i said that. I also said Barca weren't top of their game. But you still have to defend well and punish teams when you can. Anyone's anyone knows Barca are pish in the air and they were punished and they also leave themselves open at the back. But C***** obviously broke out with purpose...

You also haven't mentioned anything about the facts i've provided about our past results at home compared to theirs. What's your take on that?

The Barca team we played in 2007 was better...and we could have nicked the win that night.

The team was Valdes, Thuram, Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Xavi, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Henry, Messi.

Sometimes you get the breaks.

Barca have arguably the best player in the world but they certainly aren't the best team. If they were the best team I would expect them to be defending their 3rd CL trophy in a row or something but they are not.

One freak result does not mean that we should despair. I actually have great hope for our future, with our young lads coming through and getting a chance to play first team football. We have an opportunity here to develop the talent we have in the academy. I'm not despondent, I'm hopeful, despite some of the performances I think this will be a good journey for Rangers.

I don't give a crap about them and what they do.