Now and the future

It was a great result for them but I'm not worried about them on the park I'm more worried about us playing Peterhead tomorrow.

I am slightly concerned in two areas that the Manky Mob are doing better than us; commercial development and youth development.

I think the new regime have began to address the commercial side of it which is good to see. We have to be a company that is able to turn a profit or at least break even every year with or without Champions League money.

In terms of youth development I am alarmed at how far we have fallen behind them. They seem to have a excellent programme wherby their promising players are training at their training base, then going school and returning to Lennoxtown to do homework and train some more. It's how many continental clubs do it and it's something we should really be looking at.

Developing our own players is the only way a club like ours will really be able to compete on the European stage.

I am slightly concerned in two areas that the Manky Mob are doing better than us; commercial development and youth development.

I would tend to disagree with the youth development - you just need to look at how well the youths are doing for us just now!!!! Compare that with the number of home-grown youths regularly in the Ceptic side over the past few years. Tony Watt is starting to get into the 1st team, but ain't a regular yet.

Ceptic have been far superior on the scouting front. They have managed to identify several good quality players, get them at good prices then sell them on for massive profits - that is where we need to improve.

I would tend to disagree with the youth development - you just need to look at how well the youths are doing for us just now!!!! Compare that with the number of home-grown youths regularly in the Ceptic side over the past few years. Tony Watt is starting to get into the 1st team, but ain't a regular yet.

Ceptic have been far superior on the scouting front. They have managed to identify several good quality players, get them at good prices then sell them on for massive profits - that is where we need to improve.

how well are they really doing though? they look ok against part time players from the countries lowest division. none of them have stood out like watt has or like mcgeady and maloney did. mcgeough was probably our best youth player and celtic took him just like that.

even the guy who runs our youth side blog has admitted out youth set up is poor just now and needs improved.

as far as running a football club from top to bottom, celtic shit all over us sadly.

how well are they really doing though? they look ok against part time players from the countries lowest division. none of them have stood out like watt has or like mcgeady and maloney did. mcgeough was probably our best youth player and celtic took him just like that.

even the guy who runs our youth side blog has admitted out youth set up is poor just now and needs improved.

as far as running a football club from top to bottom, celtic shit all over us sadly.

When the dust settled and we found ourselves where we are I thought that we were in an excellent position for a complete fresh start which would take in all aspects of our club from top to bottom.I feel that we are missing a great opportunity especially with our youth set up

Alas, our youth players can safely step into the shower ...

When the dust settled and we found ourselves where we are I thought that we were in an excellent position for a complete fresh start which would take in all aspects of our club from top to bottom.I feel that we are missing a great opportunity especially with our youth set up

we absolutely are but ally was never going to sack his boyhood friend and tim, sinclair.