SPL, Hearts and Armageddon

Yeah but it isn't just about going to watch 'great football' is it? If it was Ibrox would be pretty empty these days. Going to watch 'your' team is about so much more than just the quality of football. It's about meeting mates, fathers, brothers, it's a social thing, a community thing, a sense of belonging, about letting off some steam, having a sing-song and so much more. The quality of football is important, but it is only one part of it, you know this.

Removing a club like Hearts would make Scottish football poorer, both literally and figuratively, in the short and long term. That's not in Rangers interest.

Mate were going round about in circles here again, I think there should be less teams you don't. You want responsible people who run their clubs right to be used to prop up the clubs who should be left to fall by the way side.

Don't think either of us will find middle ground on this.

For the record I hope Hearts survive, but only after they have had the same rules applied to them as we had.

Your missing the point a bit here they agreed the rules that they used to hammer us with, but you think those same rules shouldn't be applied to them.

I take it if someone was to come up and smacked in the face because you had a better car and a bigger house had made more of your life than he had, your first thought would be you know what I really need to buy his guy a drink.

It's not me who's missing the point Gov. If you read my post again, you'll see i say nothing about the punishments they should or should not receive. I'm talking about the reaction of too many Rangers fans to the plight Hearts fans find themselves in - which has been vindictive, small minded and, quite frankly, stupid.

Your analogy also falls down as, to the best of my knowledge, no Hearts fans or officials have slapped anyone in the face. What some stupid, small-minded and vindictive Hearts fans have done is laugh at our situation - but just because they have some cretins in their support who behave like twats doesn't mean that we have to behave in the same way towards them. We either rise above them or reduce ourselves to their level - and if we do that, then we can't complain about anything they say or do.

It's not me who's missing the point Gov. If you read my post again, you'll see i say nothing about the punishments they should or should not receive. I'm talking about the reaction of too many Rangers fans to the plight Hearts fans find themselves in - which has been vindictive, small minded and, quite frankly, stupid.

Your analogy also falls down as, to the best of my knowledge, no Hearts fans or officials have slapped anyone in the face. What some stupid, small-minded and vindictive Hearts fans have done is laugh at our situation - but just because they have some cretins in their support who behave like twats doesn't mean that we have to behave in the same way towards them. We either rise above them or reduce ourselves to their level - and if we do that, then we can't complain about anything they say or do.

The guys in charge of Hearts decided to side with those small-minded vindictive fans instead of looking after the clubs best interest, so again I'm not surprised when the Rangers fans stick two fingers up at them.

I'm not complaining, they wanted it like this well they've got it.

The guys in charge of Hearts decided to side with those small-minded vindictive fans instead of looking after the clubs best interest, so again I'm not surprised when the Rangers fans stick two fingers up at them.

Oh, I'm not surprised, Gov - I just wish we would behave with more dignity that we have been treated with.

I'm not complaining, they wanted it like this well they've got it.

True dat.

Oh, I'm not surprised, Gov - I just wish we would behave with more dignity that we have been treated with.

True dat.

I hear you mate, I wonder who many of the fans around Scotland wish they could rewind the clock back, and before the lynch mob started everyone had just took a moment to pause and take a breath.

We should rebalance the wealth because since we 'imbalanced' it the game has deteriorated in this country. The game thrives on competition, the better the clubs we play every week the better we need to be to beat them. The SPL has stifled competition, home team keeping the gates has stifled competition, 'Old Firm' voting veto has stifled competition, the total dominance of two teams (now one) has stifled competition and seen dwindling crowds. Fixing that doesn't reward badly run clubs, badly run clubs will always get into financial trouble.

It is in our interest that the league we play in is as strong as it can be, that the teams we play against are able to compete against us, that the players being produced locally are of a better quality than have been produced in the last 15 years.

'Poster Boys' for armageddon? Are you serious?

Doesn't seem to work for Denmark or even Belgium and other countries. Scotland thrived in Europe for years by concentrating the wealth on the top teams. Even now we have Celtic doing not too bad but what do the likes of Motherwell achieve? If we shared the wealth equally, we'd have a league of teams about Motherwell's level, maybe a bit better but we wouldn't have the OF who can actually sometimes challenge for the second round of the CL or the latter stages of the Europa league.

England now do the same thing - they have a Premiership team for every 2.7m people. That's equivalent to the ratio of OF teams to Scottish population.

The 'newer' members like Peterhead and Elgin City are dross, so are clubs like Arbroath, Albion Rovers & East Stirling they have been dross for a very long time.

In fact I'd say the vast majority of clubs in Scotland are dross. Just my opinion.

I would guess they about commensurable with the equivalent level in other countries - it's just that in other countries that level are not actually in the main leagues, but usually a regional one instead, as part of a pyramid system.