SPL, Hearts and Armageddon

I for one- dont want any other club to have to face what we faced. I think Hearts are a lost cause - but they always were due to the amount of debt owed to Mad Vlads Bank - they had real basket case spending and they do need administration to sort the finances out (and they do need a new onwer). I don't actually want them to fail - I just thinkits ineviatable.

But other than that Scottish football needs to retain its strength and the failure of a number of clubs in some ways MIGHT strengthen the game BUT I suspect most likely will weaken the game. And there is the rub..... a weaker game is bad for us, especially for ambitions outwith Scottish Football,like the champions league. WE want to be a strong team playing in a strong league that has respect, in some ways the Celtic win has helped that cause. I know many of our fans just want revenge and to lashout in anger at what happened to us but 4,5,6 other teams failing could see our league going down hill and that is to the detriment of Scottish Football and that is to the detriment of Rangers.

I can't see how it can be bad for Rangers - we're in division three, put there by the very teams in financial trouble. We will NEVER be able to compete regularly in the Champions League unless there is a move to a British or Atlantic league, or some other European restructuring so we shouldn't really be worrying about that.

What we should be worrying about is how our domestic league is run, especially at the top - and that is so rotten to the core as we've witnessed that it really does need a huge catharsis and meltdown so that we can rebuild it on sensible grounds with co-operatation and collaboration rather than the backstabbing, deceit and nefarious machinations behind the scenes that we currently have.

The SPL is diseased and need a huge reality check where they can learn the lessons of their pettiness and destructive self interest.

I think Scottish football needs an Armageddon in order to rise from the ashes as a much more healthy prospect. We need a cure, not a band-aid.

Where do we come in that equation then?

I disagree we've too many clubs, what we have is an imbalance in the allocation of finances and a system where the customer (us, the supporters) are ignored, taken for granted and at times actively discouraged from voicing an opinion. Reform is needed but reducing the number of clubs won't make it better.

Why should we rebalance the wealth just to keep clubs who have underperformed for years alive, the clubs who have got off their arse and have put a sound business plan in place shouldn't be punished by being told we want you to help the guy down the road who couldn't be arsed doing the hard work you've done.

As for us we should be the poster boy for the Armageddon, this is what happens when you don't run your club properly. We have been dumped in Div3 rightly imo, we now know we have to run our club properly and we will come back a better and bigger club than we could ever imagine (finger crossed).

Edited by GovanAllan

Where do we come in that equation then?

I disagree we've too many clubs, what we have is an imbalance in the allocation of finances and a system where the customer (us, the supporters) are ignored, taken for granted and at times actively discouraged from voicing an opinion. Reform is needed but reducing the number of clubs won't make it better.

We have 42 teams in our professional leagues for 5m people, England have 92 teams for 53m people...

We have 42 teams in our professional leagues for 5m people, England have 92 teams for 53m people...

Professional football in England extends much further than the bottom team in League 2.

Closing clubs means fewer football supporters, if Hearts go down the majority if their support will be lost to the game, they won't start rolling up at Easter Road or Livingston next week.

Professional football in England extends much further than the bottom team in League 2.

Closing clubs means fewer football supporters, if Hearts go down the majority if their support will be lost to the game, they won't start rolling up at Easter Road or Livingston next week.

The next generation of kids will find a team to support.

Why should we rebalance the wealth just to keep clubs who have underperformed for years alive, the clubs who have got off their arse and have put a sound business plan in place shouldn't be punished by being told we want you to help the guy down the road who couldn't be arsed doing the hard work you've done.

As for us we should be the poster boy for the Armageddon, this is what happens when you don't run your club properly. We have been dumped in Div3 rightly imo, we now know we have to run our club properly and we will come back a better and bigger club than we could ever imagine (finger crossed).

We should rebalance the wealth because since we 'imbalanced' it the game has deteriorated in this country. The game thrives on competition, the better the clubs we play every week the better we need to be to beat them. The SPL has stifled competition, home team keeping the gates has stifled competition, 'Old Firm' voting veto has stifled competition, the total dominance of two teams (now one) has stifled competition and seen dwindling crowds. Fixing that doesn't reward badly run clubs, badly run clubs will always get into financial trouble.

It is in our interest that the league we play in is as strong as it can be, that the teams we play against are able to compete against us, that the players being produced locally are of a better quality than have been produced in the last 15 years.

'Poster Boys' for armageddon? Are you serious?

We should rebalance the wealth because since we 'imbalanced' it the game has deteriorated in this country. The game thrives on competition, the better the clubs we play every week the better we need to be to beat them. The SPL has stifled competition, home team keeping the gates has stifled competition, 'Old Firm' voting veto has stifled competition, the total dominance of two teams (now one) has stifled competition and seen dwindling crowds. Fixing that doesn't reward badly run clubs, badly run clubs will always get into financial trouble.

It is in our interest that the league we play in is as strong as it can be, that the teams we play against are able to compete against us, that the players being produced locally are of a better quality than have been produced in the last 15 years.

'Poster Boys' for armageddon? Are you serious?

Restructure yes, but for the right reasons and that's the football on the pitch not so we can hang on to the clubs who will never get their act together. I refuse for the money that I put into football to be used to prop up clubs who will not get their act together.

Totally serious, our club was run just like the rest on the never and it finally caught up with us. If we aren't a view of the Armageddon caused when you don't run your club right I don't know what is.

Aye, but it'll be Man City or Real Madrid.

If the football on show at the end of their street is that bad they won't watch it then can you blame them. My kids sit glued to the EPL all week, but they still sitting waiting on a Saturday eager to get to the Rangers game.