SPL, Hearts and Armageddon

I'm in two minds about Hearts. Traditionally a team that we have the least aggro with. Almost a brotherly relationship in some circumstances.

Yet they did vote us out the SPL and certainly relationships have been more toxic largely because of Mad Vlad. I wont be sorry to see the SPL clubs go bust, but Hearts would probably have been my last choice.

If Hearts go bust and essentially that screws the rest of the SPL, does that harm our chances of becoming as "strong" as we were even 5-10 years ago? We are pretty poor right now. And we weren't exactly CL winners under Smith (part 1), DA, AM or Smith (part 2). However, if Scottish football is weaker, and it certainly would be without probably the 3rd biggest club, would that harm our long terms ambitions of re-strengthening our club and our position at the top. Even when we return to the top of Scottish football, that might not be as strong a position as it once was.

I'm in two minds about Hearts. Traditionally a team that we have the least aggro with. Almost a brotherly relationship in some circumstances.

Yet they did vote us out the SPL and certainly relationships have been more toxic largely because of Mad Vlad. I wont be sorry to see the SPL clubs go bust, but Hearts would probably have been my last choice.

If Hearts go bust and essentially that screws the rest of the SPL, does that harm our chances of becoming as "strong" as we were even 5-10 years ago? We are pretty poor right now. And we weren't exactly CL winners under Smith (part 1), DA, AM or Smith (part 2). However, if Scottish football is weaker, and it certainly would be without probably the 3rd biggest club, would that harm our long terms ambitions of re-strengthening our club and our position at the top. Even when we return to the top of Scottish football, that might not be as strong a position as it once was.

Don't know about the brotherly relationship? Don't care any less/more about them than I do about any SPL club tbh

The Hearts situation is another sure fire sign that Scottish football needs drastic restructuring or we will have a league that is down there with the League of Ireland IMO.

What would happen if they went bust, would they need to wait till next season to join d3?

I think the chances of them going bust are remote. It was only a freak (although perhaps not coincidental) set of circumstances involving HMRC that stopped us getting a CVA. They'll probably just go in and out of administration, I'd say...

The SPL hangs by gossamer threads.

If Hearts go under, the Edinburgh derby disappears. Further, Hearts can be relied upon to on average to carry 1,500-2,000 to most away grounds.

Dundee look doomed and thus the Dundee derby folds too.

The SPL TV deal is already desperate. I cannot see any media outlet willing to pay a premium rate when the Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Dundee derbies have gone west for at least 2 years.

The SPL hangs by gossamer threads.

If Hearts go under, the Edinburgh derby disappears. Further, Hearts can be relied upon to on average to carry 1,500-2,000 to most away grounds.

Dundee look doomed and thus the Dundee derby folds too.

The SPL TV deal is already desperate. I cannot see any media outlet willing to pay a premium rate when the Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Dundee derbies have gone west for at least 2 years.

dundee wont go down if hearts disappear.

How not? There will still be relegation won't there?

perhaps but the rules were changes to bring dundee up for utd's benefit. dont rule out it happening again.

interestingly dundee have 7 points 6 from beating hearts twice. is hearts go bust now all results go to 3 - 0 and dunde are effectively on 1 point miles behind the rest.