SPL, Hearts and Armageddon

If I was asked a year ago I wouldnt want any football club to go to the wall, far less a major Scottish football club.

The events since February has proven to us that not all football fans share the same ethos of brotherhood. They openly rejoiced and queued up to jump on us. They went on phone lines, forums et all to say how great it was that we were in big trouble. There was no sympathetic murmourings from anywhere in Scotland.

In turn, that has hardened my own resolve that I should not be troubled when news such as what is happening to Hearts enevitably comes out regarding the clubs that were so keen to have a good kick at us last summer. They can always do as we done and regroup, reform, and rejoin the SFL. I would wish them good luck in that regard only. As for how the authorities will be treating them, I was positive that should this exact scenairo appear that the SFA/SPL would be sympathetic and helpful, not arrogant and chastising. I will be looking on with interest as to how this plays out.

no. celtic seem to be doing just fine in this backwater, no reason why we cant either. that crowd last night is the very reason i feel we need ibrox increased in capacity too. show real ambition so we can match celtic in every financial way possible.

no. celtic seem to be doing just fine in this backwater, no reason why we cant either. that crowd last night is the very reason i feel we need ibrox increased in capacity too. show real ambition so we can match celtic in every financial way possible.

Their capacity sees a load of green seats majority of the time, of course Barcelona would sell out.

Anyways, gossamer threads or not. The SPL need not fear.

Super Peter is on the case. Remember when Neil Doncaster was accompanied on to the Heathrow shuttle by his fellow member of the SPL TV Steering Committee? Yep, we do not know of any of the other members, we did not even know that such a committee existed. Many suspect the committee manifested itself on the plane because Super Peter had been spotted boarding.

Super Peter, caped crusader and saviour of Hearts, the SPL, and ra Sellik way.

Hearts situation is interesting. Unlike us the majority of their debt is owed to their owner and it is his decision to stop funding the club that's brought their problems to a head. Yet surely administration is in 'Vlad's interests. He can agree a 1p in the pound deal with himself and take the club out of admin, whilst remaining as owner of the club and the ground. He can also use the admin as a way of losing the debt to HMRC and of off-loading playing staff. In all it would cost him what, a 10 point penalty? Then the club is a much more attractive proposition to buy than it is just now and he has a chance of recouping some of his money.

However HMRC have issed them with a winding-up order, that would see them liquidated rather than go into administration I understand. Which suggest Vlad is out of money, no longer cares or is bluffing the support in the hope they'll chip in to pay this bill.

I for one wouldn't welcome Hearts demise. Not only are they well supported by Scottish standards they have a pretty good record of developing players. But it does look like it's only a matter of time.

There was an interesting article on a St Johnstone fan's blog I read recently. He's usually to be avoided as he's pretty anti-Rangers/West coast bias pish but he was linked too on Twitter by someone I respect so I read it. He pointed out how SPL clubs are valuing their stadiums in their accounts and how our takeover in the summer showed the 'real' value of a football ground, even a big important one. It's real creative accounting, Hibs had Easter Road valued at £24 million, Celtic Park was something like £45 million!! Tynecastle was/is valued at over £18 million, even at the height of the Edinburgh property boom that land wasn't worth that.

Only Motherwell and St Johnstone could say their grounds are realistically valued, they were telling figures. At some point in the not too distant future you can't help but feel someone is going to question these valuations and insist they are recalculated.

Edited by amms

Not sure about this but perhaps some of the more financially minded on the forum will know.

Usually when a club are in Hearts position then you would expect them to go into administration that would allow them to restructure debt etc. Then come out of administration hopefully in a healthier state than when they entered.

However with regards to Vladimir Romanov what happens if he just says "f**k it" and liquidates Hearts because he seems to have lost interest in them. Then sells the assets off at his leisure

Can he do that?

Their capacity sees a load of green seats majority of the time, of course Barcelona would sell out.

as does rangers, man utd, as would real madrid, arsenal and most top european clubs who visit. it must be worth it for full houses like last night.

so liewells plan is coming to fruition. destroy scottish football and be the last man standing. then apply to the epl cause they dont have a league to play in.

and killing any form of opposition against them too. rangers and hearts, their two biggest rivals, gone leaving celtic the easiest next decade they have ever had in their history to win as many trophies as they want. meaningless to us atm maybe but we will feel differently when they get within touching distance of our title as the worlds most successful club! divide, conquer and complete domination. just like the vatican.