SPL, Hearts and Armageddon

Restructure yes, but for the right reasons and that's the football on the pitch not so we can hang on to the clubs who will never get their act together. I refuse for the money that I put into football to be used to prop up clubs who will not get their act together.

But it wouldn't be propping up, badly run clubs will have problems no matter how much money is available, if you are badly run you are badly run, end of story. You are confusing having proper governance on club finances and having an equitable and competitive league. The two things aren't the same, even distribution of money means clubs that are well run have a chance to compete, without that chance we increase the likelihood of clubs over extending and gambling in the hope if success.

Totally serious, our club was run just like the rest on the never and it finally caught up with us. If we aren't a view of the Armageddon caused when you don't run your club right I don't know what is.

Ah, right, I misunderstood this point before.

and who will be the team in scotland sweeping all before them? :( kids love supporting big successful clubs.

Not always mate, my sons pals are a pretty varied bunch and equally split amongst the SPL teams. Yes you are going to get more Rangers/Septic there's nothing you can do to change that.

If the football on show at the end of their street is that bad they won't watch it then can you blame them. My kids sit glued to the EPL all week, but they still sitting waiting on a Saturday eager to get to the Rangers game.

Fine, but if Hearts don't exist then those kids are lost to the game here, they won't become Rangers or Hibs fans too, just big English/Spanish club. I've lived in Ireland, I've seen what happens to your local league when everyone starts supporting Man Utd and Liverpool.

But it wouldn't be propping up, badly run clubs will have problems no matter how much money is available, if you are badly run you are badly run, end of story. You are confusing having proper governance on club finances and having an equitable and competitive league. The two things aren't the same, even distribution of money means clubs that are well run have a chance to compete, without that chance we increase the likelihood of clubs over extending and gambling in the hope if success.

Ah, right, I misunderstood this point before.

So why not get rid of the dross first, then share the wealth out to the strong clubs left behind who will use the new money well and improve their clubs on and off the pitch.

Less clubs more money for the rest as well.

Fine, but if Hearts don't exist then those kids are lost to the game here, they won't become Rangers or Hibs fans too, just big English/Spanish club. I've lived in Ireland, I've seen what happens to your local league when everyone starts supporting Man Utd and Liverpool.

You will have a dip, but if you get the restructure right and give them something to watch the next generation of kids who have never heard of Hearts or Dunfermline will hear about the great football and want to go watch. I'm not saying for a minute it's not going to be painful its going to hurt like Hell.

But the game as we know it in Scotland is dead it just doesn't know it yet, time to put it out its misery and start again while we still can, because the day is fast approaching when nothing will be left to save.

Not always mate, my sons pals are a pretty varied bunch and equally split amongst the SPL teams. Yes you are going to get more Rangers/Septic there's nothing you can do to change that.

are you in the west/central belt allan? i dont see kids growing up in edinburgh supporting killie, aberdeen, dundee utd or anyone like that. it is 9.9 times out of 10 hearts/hibs/rangers or celtic. with no hearts, rangers in lower leagues and hibs their main rivals the easy choice for easily influenced kids will be celtic.

Guest Bluepeter9
I can't see how it can be bad for Rangers - we're in division three, put there by the very teams in financial trouble. We will NEVER be able to compete regularly in the Champions League unless there is a move to a British or Atlantic league, or some other European restructuring so we shouldn't really be worrying about that.

What we should be worrying about is how our domestic league is run, especially at the top - and that is so rotten to the core as we've witnessed that it really does need a huge catharsis and meltdown so that we can rebuild it on sensible grounds with co-operatation and collaboration rather than the backstabbing, deceit and nefarious machinations behind the scenes that we currently have.

The SPL is diseased and need a huge reality check where they can learn the lessons of their pettiness and destructive self interest.

I think Scottish football needs an Armageddon in order to rise from the ashes as a much more healthy prospect. We need a cure, not a band-aid.

There is no doubt the SFA needs 'fixed' - we have had incompetence and no leadership for years - how many reports into the game (3 at least I can think of) - how many restructuring to implement changes in said reports - Xero!

But SFA incompetence aside a weaker Scottish game is NOT in Rangers interest - a strong Scottish game is. Also you may not like it but Celtic are showing that a decent showing is not beyond Scottish teams yet - it seems you have already given up on the scottish game and are happy to accept a lesser product as long as we are at the top. I also want us to be at the top, but at the top of a strong league and we wont get that by allowing multiple teams to go to the wall.

Guest Bluepeter9

They are not in administration yet, so nothing will happen about the penalties for such until they are - and the clock is already running on thrir non-payment of taxes charges - people seem very impatient to see other clubs punished, but no though given to what this means long term to Scottish football and Rangers.

They are not in administration yet, so nothing will happen about the penalties for such until they are - and the clock is already running on thrir non-payment of taxes charges - people seem very impatient to see other clubs punished, but no though given to what this means long term to Scottish football and Rangers.

Some people didn't seem to think about the long term when they wanted us crucified day after day, so forgive me if I'm not that sympathetic and looking for an even hand when it comes to dishing out punishment.

All in the name of Sporting Integrity of course.