Some clubs will not benefit from Rangers in the lower divisions

Just thinking that teams that get relegated from the league above while we go up will miss out on the two home games against us as well as potential TV money.

On the other hand the team that goes up with us will get us again.

This should make the promotion to Div two and the relegation fight in that league a bit more competitive.

East Fife and Stranraar are currently in the relegation places - although East Fife did benefit from a windfall by playing us at Ibrox in the league cup which is probably more money than they would earn in two home games so perhaps it would be apt if they go down.

At the same time, another team that has already benefited is Queen of the South and they will probably miss us this time due to promotion. Perhaps if we are promoted sequentially and they yo-yo back down and so miss out that will also be good for the sharing of the wealth among the SFL clubs.

One thing that can be seen is that clubs that have invested in larger stadiums will benefit more

with Queens Park probably gaining immensely for sharing their home with the Scotland team. I'd love to see a packed Hampden for that game. I was hoping we'd be going there quite often this season but the cups have disappointed. We've got another chance to play there once or twice in the Scottish Cup but that will be a difficult task.

Can you imagine Queens Park finishing second behind us and having two more huge gates?

We need to win friends from within the SFL so I reckon a good move would be to offer a pre season friendly to the team that drops out of SFL 2 at the end of the season. Makes sense to me.

Pre season tournament would be better option with Rangers, AC Milan, Hamburg and 1 of the SFL clubs. Play 2 games on the same day and there will likely be a bumper crowd. Shame one club has to miss out but some arrangement could be made with the 2 clubs that they split their share of the money then draw them from a hat to see who gets to play.

Pre season tournament would be better option with Rangers, AC Milan, Hamburg and 1 of the SFL clubs. Play 2 games on the same day and there will likely be a bumper crowd. Shame one club has to miss out but some arrangement could be made with the 2 clubs that they split their share of the money then draw them from a hat to see who gets to play.

I thought of something along the same lines, then thought who wants to play East Fife or Stranraer?

I thought of something along the same lines, then thought who wants to play East Fife or Stranraer?

Yes kind of agree and OK we want to make friends but not fund clubs at the same time. However it would seem to be a bit of a one off or maybe for 2 years only (after promotion to Div 1 the relegated SPL clubs dont get an invite).

But it would show good gesture from the club. I guess you could let the 2 clubs play off for the spot rather than draw them out of a hat, or even ask them to sent a combined XI for it. Having Milan and Hamburg would over shadow East Fife and Stranraer.

Clyde have reported a £62k profit from our recent game at Broadwood. This is net after all police and stewarding costs.

They don't own Broadwood or even have the tenancy. They rent it off Cumbernauld Colts on a Saturday afternoon so they'll have to pay that bill too. Still, a good wee tidy profit for them.

Honestly, while I can see the point with regards to the relegated teams, about 26 of 29 will probably gain when we happen through their division or play them in the Rasmden Cup. Matter of fact, those we have played are probably save for years because of even one game against us. In the not too distant future, the SFL will probably have their own better TV deals and can spread more money across their members too, possibly even agree a special deal with those team that we won't face (and one would hope that goodwill amongst the other teams will ensure that they get a slightly greater share).