Leggat - Rangers Take Legal Action

Why should they ignore what basically comes down to slander?

Was it liable? I didn't read the piece in question, what did it say?

I guess they should ignore it for the same reason I expect Ally McCoist to not to take legal action against you or me if we call him inept, clueless or lacking the ability to be Rangers manager. It's the internet and we're not being paid for our views, indeed we're not qualified in anyway to pass them.

As I said I don't know how I feel about it. It legitimises the guy, perhaps that was inevitable eventually. From memory the guy in question kind of sets himself up as a professional lawyer dispensing views influenced by his legal experience. That does make him different from anonymous people posting on a messageboard after a defeat.

I guess they should ignore it for the same reason I expect Ally McCoist to not to take legal action against you or me if we call him inept, clueless or lacking the ability to be Rangers manager. It's the internet and we're not being paid for our views, indeed we're not qualified in anyway to pass them.

As I said I don't know how I feel about it. It legitimises the guy, perhaps that was inevitable eventually. From memory the guy in question kind of sets himself up as a professional lawyer dispensing views influenced by his legal experience. That does make him different from anonymous people posting on a messageboard after a defeat.

Answered your own question there, sadly a lot of people, not just Celtic fans, will consider him a good reliable source.

So a lie is ok as long as not very many people hear about it.

The guy is trying to derail the share issue helped by his pals 3 names, McNally & Thompson, we need to hammer these twats hard and then the next guy will think twice about just writing whatever he feels like saying.

This is the guy who holds public meetings to discuss Rangers and their tax cheating ways where he spouts more lies, maybe someone should ask him what happened to the money he stole from his clients went to.

So a lie is ok as long as not very many people hear about it.

The guy is trying to derail the share issue helped by his pals 3 names, McNally & Thompson, we need to hammer these twats hard and then the next guy will think twice about just writing whatever he feels like saying.

This is the guy who holds public meetings to discuss Rangers and their tax cheating ways where he spouts more lies, maybe someone should ask him what happened to the money he stole from his clients went to.

If the BBC call Lord McAlpine a pedophile it is very different from you saying it to your next door neighbour or indeed posting it on here. So yes, the proportion of the population who are exposed to it does make a difference.

If this is true then the club have raised this guy's profile hugely, they've legitimised him by publicly saying it matters what he thinks and says about us. We have then elevated his position from obscure blogger. If this is true we've made him a story when currently most people have never heard of this guy or anything he's ever written.

I don't know what he wrote, do you?

I wish to confirm that I have not received an â??injunctionâ? nor even, as we are in Scotland, an interdict from Rangers Football Club Ltd.

Posted by Paul McConville

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/

There's an awful lot of obsession from the dark side in this link.....

Maybe he hasn't been served with an interdict - but the article on Rangers IPO has been removed from his blog. Why? He would have spent a lot of time on it. Why would he then remove it?

(these questions aren't to 54andcounting - just generalised)

These Rhat's peddle their lies and Rangers hate on the various platforms like Facebook, Twitter, blogs and Vhermin forums. they are easily identified, the bigotry gives them away. So the club needs to have some group monitoring them, then simple bring the evidence before before the club who then pass it on too the Lawyers who then close them down or sue. Hopefully.

If the BBC call Lord McAlpine a pedophile it is very different from you saying it to your next door neighbour or indeed posting it on here. So yes, the proportion of the population who are exposed to it does make a difference.

If this is true then the club have raised this guy's profile hugely, they've legitimised him by publicly saying it matters what he thinks and says about us. We have then elevated his position from obscure blogger. If this is true we've made him a story when currently most people have never heard of this guy or anything he's ever written.

I don't know what he wrote, do you?

From what I can gather he told a lie about staff and their involvement within Ibrox relating to the IPO. If someone f#^ks with my business whether he tells one person or 1 million I'm gunning for guy.

I will tell the world he's a liar so the next time he try's to pull any shite, his word isn't worth the breath he uses to spout it.

This is so true.......

League reconstruction will take place on Rangers’ terms or not at all. This is not because the Gers will throw their weight around like a playground bully; actually, it is the very opposite.

Part of the Rangers revival is a new understanding within Ibrox that, coupled with a zero tolerance attitude toward the club’s detractors and enemies, Rangers have a responsibility to lead the game in Scotland. This means championing the rights of all clubs and not oppressing the smaller ones.