Leggat - Rangers Take Legal Action

RANGERS are ready to take swift and decisive action to shut down anyone who publishes false information in a desperate bid to undermine the club's new share issue.

There have been a number of snide pieces published on various anti-Rangers, pro-Celtic web sites which have questioned the whole process of what Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge are doing.

In the past, previous Rangers regimes would have simply ignored the attacks.

But the new regime is not going to do that. Neither is it going to make any bombastic public threats and then do nothing, as was conman Criag Whyte's way. The legal route, quietly, but firmly, is the way Rangers are already going.

My information, from the heart of the Blue Room, is that the legal wheels are already turning. There will be more news on this front as soon as I get it.

But what I can reveal now, is that Charles Green is acutely aware of who the real Rangers enemies are and he is not going to allow all the hard work he and Imran Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge are doing in London as they put in the effort and the hours to try and raise the money which will be used to restore Rangers to greatness.

Last week I revealed that the new Rangers regime will work alongside fansâ?? organisations to fight the clubâ??s enemies as nobody has ever done before.

To that end, Charles Green has even taken out membership of the Rangers Trust. It is purely a token move by the chief executive, but it does give a clear indication of his commitment to a partnership with Rangers supporters.

Of course, there is no magic silver bullet which can shoot down the many and varied enemies who have lined up against Rangers. Even when Rangers and Rangers supporters join together for a Combined Forces Operation against those enemies.

There is no one super right hook, no â??Eneryâ??s â??Ammer of a left hook, or uppercut which can down any one of the vast array of Rangers haters out there.

But they can be downed. They can be brought to their knees. They can be sent sprawling to the canvas. They can be counted down and out.

And that includes, for starters, anyone with a dodgy professional background who tries, with malice, to damage the prospects of the Rangers share issue

It also includes Odious Creep.

And it includes Alex Thomson.

Plus, it includes Brian Patrick McNally.

Also included on the hit list is Philmacgiollabhain.

If I can revert to the example from the noble art and recall the night of the Rumble in the Jungle, a fight I watched live on the big screen in the New Street Odeon in Birmingham.

Muhammad Ali did not flatten the-until-then invincible looking George Foreman with one mighty blow. Ali, after rolling on the ropes for seven rounds as Foreman pounded him, came off those ropes in the eighth and let loose with a flurry of punches which sent Foreman tumbling, felled like a mighty oak.

And that is the way, the only way, Rangers and Rangers supporters, can hope to damage their enemies. Through many blows, all of them delivered whenever any enemy lets down his guard.

Creep did just that a number of times during his short stay as the Times of Londonâ??s Scottish edition football reporter, when he failed to perform professionally by not bothering to turn up at press conferences.

This was a recurring dereliction of duty which was repeatedly highlighted here, especially when his high handed attitude to his job saw him miss Walter Smithâ??s press conference with Scottish newspapers in the Europa Suite at Old Trafford the day before Rangers played Manchester United in the Champions League.

If there is anyone who does not believe that piece was not read by senior people inside News International then they are clearly living in cloud cuckoo land.

I know by my email in-box and from the text messages I get from old press pals on both sides of Hadrianâ??s Wall, just how well read LeggoLand is by journalists.

That continual drip-drip of pointing out Odious Creepâ??s shortcomings, added to my highlighting of his sympathy for a convicted paedophile, poisoned the well of good will for him within News International.

But that was the past. This is the here and now and also the future.

And in the here and now, as far as Alex Thomson is concerned, he will now have to answer for his base journalism. Thanks to Channel Fourâ??s Alex Thomson, the BBC is not the only broadcasting organisation which screens stories and levels accusations without any proof.

I have already mentioned Mirror Group Newspapers Brian Patrick McNally this week, pointing out the fact that since he published his lie about Rangers supporters singing the Famine Song, he has gone quiet on matters Rangers. More of that soon. In the future.

And so to Philacgiollabhain. It is hard to know how to attempt to further discredit a man whose raw bitter hatred of all things Rangers has even been commented on critically by his ally at Channel Four, Alex Thomson.

But sooner or later that low nasty bigoted hatred will drive Philmacgiollabhain to further and even greater extremes.

Of course there are Rangers supporters out there who have been mumping and moaning about Odious Creep for years. But who have done nothing about him and who now seem to take delight in finding fault when I attack him.

Fortunately they form not so much merely a small, as a minute miniscule and underwhelming minority of those who support Rangers, a Rangers support which desperately wants to see Odious Creep, Alex Thomson, Brian Patrick McNally and Philmacgiollabhain stopped in their tracks.

I cannot do that. But I can help in whatever small and humble way it is possible to, to provide, if not the silver bullet, at least some of the ammunition, in order that those more capable than I can topple these enemies of all things Rangers.

And who are these people who can topple Odious Creep, Alex Thomson, Brian Patrick McNally and Philmacgiollabhain?

They are the vast, mighty muster of the overwhelming majority of those who support Rangers.

They can do it. With a little help from Rangers.

And if what I have been told is true, that help is not merely coming. It has started.

Just as the clock was ticking on George Foremanâ??s reign as the heavyweight champion of the world when he got up off his stool when the bell sounded for the eighth round of the Rumble in the Jungle, so too does it ring on Odious Creep and the other enemies of Rangers.

I am in no doubt that CG will be saying these things,more so to protect any potential investment,whether the fight continues for the fans/club against our detractors we'll see. Not denying CG will defend the fans/club here but merely pointing out a fact.

Tbf Whyte was very good at PUBLICLY crying legal action at all and sundry. According to this:

The legal route, quietly, but firmly, is the way Rangers are already going.

My information, from the heart of the Blue Room, is that the legal wheels are already turning. There will be more news on this front as soon as I get it.

We're not shouting about it. We shall see.