Breaking news: BTC - Rangers appeal successful

I put it out as a possibly but even if it is bollocks the statement is fine.

We didn't enter liquidation in order to avoid our liabilities, HMRC (in effect) placed us into liquidation for the reasons they stated, just how the f*&k could they then turn round and say we were a Phoenix company?

The Rangers Football Club Ltd is a company free of external debt. The judgment serves to further undermine the validity of the SPL Commission into the use of EBTs. As we have said all along the SPL decision to press ahead with a commission was ill-timed and fundamentally misconceived.

These statements dont go far enough for me. Much like the refs who wouldn't name Celtic as the reason for the strike the other year, we should name names. We should identify this Celtic supporting scum bag lawyer and state that he is not doing this out of lawful right or sporting integrity but from bigotry and prejudice and jealousy of the countries greatest club.

So, to clarify... A HMRC tax investigation is carried out under a total media spotlight with seemingly no thought to "innocent until proven guilty". As a result of the negative publicity, the bank withdraws support and forces the owner into a sale against the best interests of the company. Following this, further debts are run up and a company with nearly 140 years of history and a global brand identity is forced into administration and then liquidation, all started by what was reported to be up to £150mill in debts. The tribunal into the tax case eventually reports its findings and, surprise surprise the big nasty Rangers people were right, the schemes were perfectly legal and nothing is due, the listed debts are slashed by more than half and it could well be argued that the original company would have been solvent and the pressure on Murray to sell would have been significantly lower, allowing him to find a better steward for the club going forward. Did I miss anything?

So, to clarify... A HMRC tax investigation is carried out under a total media spotlight with seemingly no thought to "innocent until proven guilty". As a result of the negative publicity, the bank withdraws support and forces the owner into a sale against the best interests of the company. Following this, further debts are run up and a company with nearly 140 years of history and a global brand identity is forced into administration and then liquidation, all started by what was reported to be up to £150mill in debts. The tribunal into the tax case eventually reports its findings and, surprise surprise the big nasty Rangers people were right, the schemes were perfectly legal and nothing is due, the listed debts are slashed by more than half and it could well be argued that the original company would have been solvent and the pressure on Murray to sell would have been significantly lower, allowing him to find a better steward for the club going forward. Did I miss anything?

Just about sums it up for me, unless I'm missing anything.

Thinking on this more. The thing that really stinks for me is all these (predominantly) celtic minded people who had "insider" information that we had lost the case or would be losing the case. This dodgy committee that was formed with the individual intention of stripping titles and all these people who had already decided we were guilty before any evidence was seen and were merely deciding which punishments were appropriate and how hard they could hammer us.

Where did this over confidence come from and why did they decide we were guilty before the case had even been heard? Did they assume like anything to do with football and the SPL, that when it's Rangers we're always guilty. Regardless of the cold hard facts.

Something really, really stinks about all that and I can't really put my finger on it or even explain what I mean fully.

Super_Ally, I think I know what you mean and have been thinking the same. Can anybody remember the last time a football body found in our favour on anything, I'm thinking back over recent stuff: the transfer embargo (overturned by the civil courts) and all the sectarian stuff imposed against us by UEFA etc. When did a footballing body last find in our favour on any issue of substance (or any issue lacking substance for that matter!)?