Breaking news: BTC - Rangers appeal successful

So Whyte bought us and ran us into the ground and put the company that ran the club for 113 years into liquidation.

Think what might have been had Whittaker and the rest of his well paid colleagues on the park not decided to blow our CL campaign for that year ...

(... even though one does not know what Whyte would have had up his sleeve.)

(Looks like our homepage is down right now?)

Edited by der Berliner

I find this statement from the club disappointing. It is a corporate statement that ignores the fans, the players, management and creditors of the Rangers (dare I say the Oldco). It is obviously designed to support the share issue. The only parts of it I find palatable are the references to the SPL and to the purchase of our honours. It does nothing to endear Mr Green and his backers to me.

I find this statement from the club disappointing. It is a corporate statement that ignores the fans, the players, management and creditors of the Rangers (dare I say the Oldco). It is obviously designed to support the share issue. The only parts of it I find palatable are the references to the SPL and to the purchase of our honours. It does nothing to endear Mr Green and his backers to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if legally we need to distance ourselves from the tax case or risk it coming back to us.

I wouldn't be surprised if legally we need to distance ourselves from the tax case or risk it coming back to us.

I can understand that, STB.

I just find it a bit cold and made me think about all the conflicting emotions we are experiencing tonight contrasting with a statement from someone with no emotional attachment to the club.

I don't see what else the club can say. Lets remember this is a HUGE document and as Green has a tendency to say things he shouldn't this is the best response at the moment. There are plenty of days ahead to make more statements, today is about ramming home the point of the spl/sfa witch hunt on trophies and cutting through the crap the mhedia say.

I can understand that, STB.

I just find it a bit cold and made me think about all the conflicting emotions we are experiencing tonight contrasting with a statement from someone with no emotional attachment to the club.

He's made the point about the SPL investigation, not sure what else to expect beyond that to be honest.

It's a hollow victory since the damage was already done, Green wasn't involved with that regime at all so there's no real reason for him to be emotional.

HMRC themselves made their position clear in the statement regarding the rejection of the CVA proposal.

"Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox.

"It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA. Rangers can make a fresh start."