What chance of an HMRC appeal?

Pointless waste of taxpayers money to appeal a case against a company that is in liquidation.

Not if they win the appeal and can then carry that as precedent into the plethora of other EBT cases that they have outstanding.

Wasn't it the case that when we were looking for a bidder the general concensus was that even if we won the case HMRC would appeal and it would take years and would deter any investor (except someone riding in with a Dick Turpin mask on shouting "my dad was a bluenose" and waving a pound note in the air!)?

I'm not sure an appeal would be fair - they will still be zealous but who will defend the club with the same zeal?

Even if we lost the appeal it doesn't change much, the fact is we thought we were acting within the law and so did two judges - how can you say we cheated?

Not if they win the appeal and can then carry that as precedent into the plethora of other EBT cases that they have outstanding.

I think the last verdict shows that they will find it difficult to use our case as a precedent. It at least would mean that other clubs would find it within their interests to appeal and appeal again - is it really worth that level of investigation and litigation with no guarantee of a win - at taxpayers expense?