Green On Tax Verdict

CHARLES GREEN has expressed his anger and dismay at the timing of the verdict of the First Tier Tax Tribunal as it has massively affected the current status of Rangers.

It was finally revealed last week that Rangers had won the tax case brought by HMRC in relation to Employee Benefit Trusts used during the reign of Sir David Murray for a number of players and some staff.

Despite a concerted campaign from certain quarters, which was often hateful, that decided that Rangers were guilty of â??cheatingâ? it has been proved that is not the case.

The most important aspect of it all, however, is that had this verdict been delivered in May or June then Rangers would:

Still be a member of the SPL

Have retained all of their players

Have received their £2.5million prize money

Not be hamstrung by a player registration embargo

For Charles Green has revealed that a Company Voluntary Agreement to come out of administration would have been successful and the horrors of the summer would have been avoided.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV he said: â??The thing that turned many people against Rangers, quite wrongly in my opinion, was the spectre of EBTs and to have that case awarded in favour of Murray Group has been a substantial step.

â??I think the question is when something was tried in January why did it take 11 months to get an opinion out there?

â??When you look at the numbers now, Ticketus would have been the single biggest creditor and they were inclined to support the CVA so things could have been substantially different.

â??What we shouldnâ??t start getting carried away with is that this club would still have gone into administration. I donâ??t think there is any chance that this wouldnâ??t have happened.

â??However, when the verdict came out would have changed things dramatically but my job now is to take the club forward.

â??If a CVA had gone through we would still be playing in the SPL and perhaps even be playing in Europe.

â??We said from day one that the CVA was our preferred route. It does get you really annoyed to think that all of this hate and all the problems that the fans have had to endure were for no real reason.

â??You have to remember that the case was against the Murray Group because Rangers at that time was a subsidiary of the Murray Group.

â??So the first position is for Sir David Murray and his advisors to decide what they will do next.

â??I have read and a number of our fans will have done the same that Sir David is unhappy with a number of issues and so with his legal advisors he will be looking at all the options open to him.

â??For me as CEO of Rangers itâ??s a different thing and I have to focus on the future and not on the past.

â??We are where we are. We have said in our presentations and through the business plan that we will do what we said we would do â?? and what Ally said he would do â?? and thatâ??s get the team out on the park week in week out and get promotion and work our way to the top division â?? whatever that top division is called.â?

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/2811-green-on-tax-verdict

Good interview.

They have been more inclined to deal, who knows?

I'm inclined to agree with GS on this. It was more the non-payment of the PAYE/VAT that made HMRC decline the CVA rather than the BTC. It appears that an earlier verdict would have made no difference to the CVA.

even by greens standards that is a pile of utter shite. whyte made sure hmrc had the 25% they needed to block the cva regardless.

Do you really have to write like that? It does you no favours whatsoever in my eyes and lowers the tone and quality on here. I'm ambivalent about Green so not defending him per se, but surely you could have worded it something like, "I think he is wrong about the CVA as HMRC had had the 25% they needed to block it"?

Why the need for the phrase, "pile of utter shite"? That kind of stuff is one of the big problems with the forum these days IMHO.

Do you really have to write like that? It does you no favours whatsoever in my eyes and lowers the tone and quality on here. I'm ambivalent about Green so not defending him per se, but surely you could have worded it something like, "I think he is wrong about the CVA as HMRC had had the 25% they needed to block it"?

Why the need for the phrase, "pile of utter shite"? That kind of stuff is one of the big problems with the forum these days IMHO.

I'm no wordslinger that's my other half in another universe Stephen king. I am Roland deschain son of Steven of the line of eld. I am a gunslinger and I shoot from the hip and deal in lead not words.

I'm inclined to agree with GS on this. It was more the non-payment of the PAYE/VAT that made HMRC decline the CVA rather than the BTC. It appears that an earlier verdict would have made no difference to the CVA.

Not sure about that BD, if I remember correctly they said they rejected it to allow investigation into our financial running of recent years, not just the few months Whyte was in charge. Although considering the FTTT verdict I don't know what those investigations will be like now.

I'm no wordslinger that's my other half in another universe Stephen king. I am Roland deschain son of Steven of the line of eld. I am a gunslinger and I shoot from the hip and deal in lead not words.

If you want to be a fast draw, you should shoot first instead of wasting time insulting your target...

I should also say p Murray said something similar and he too was talking unadulterated crap.

I will say Green like many seems to have forgotten Whyte's non-payment of tax, was there not an article saying D&P should only have put HMRC down for £1? Sounds like nonsense.