Richard Gough

ITâ??S time Rangers moved on.

Took the moral high ground. Let bygones be bygones.

I was very sad to read in SunSport yesterday that Ibrox supporters groups had called on their members to boycott the Scottish Cup clash at Tannadice.

They felt Dundee United were one of the clubâ??s enemies in the decision to keep them out of the SPL after their liquidation earlier this year.

I know Rangers came out and backed them last night by saying they wonâ??t be taking up any of their allocation on February 2. But itâ??s a real pity itâ??s come to this.

My personal opinion? Well for a start, United didnâ??t try to kill Rangers, as one of the groups put it yesterday.

United might have been one of the clubs who were against Rangers during that whole sorry saga towards the end of last season, but no one can say for sure what was said in those behind-closed-doors meetings.

Even if they were, so what? Rangers are in the Third Division. We are where we are so letâ??s just clear the decks.

Itâ??s in the past now. Letâ??s look to the future. Donâ??t let it drag on.

A lot of awful things have happened, but weâ??ve got to stand above all that now. Weâ??ve got to take the higher ground. This attitude of â??They did this, so weâ??re going to do thatâ? has got to stop.

Itâ??s not tit for tat any more.

When you break it right down the best and only way Rangers can hurt United is a straightforward one â?? by knocking them out the Cup.

Not by giving ourselves less of a chance because weâ??ve got no support up there with us.

This is one of the trophies Rangers really want to win this season.

By supporters not going it could also hit the club financially because in Cup games all ticket money is split between the home and away sides.

So before last nightâ??s statement my opinion would have been go to the game, support the team and win the Scottish Cup if possible, which will be difficult as it is.

Not going there with any supporters will make it even more difficult.

Obviously safety concerns come into it now after what Charles Green has said, so simply telling Rangers fans to go and follow their side just isnâ??t as straightforward as that now.

Everyone knows United were one of the clubs involved in what went on in the summer, but people must make up their own minds.

To me, before last nightâ??s statement Iâ??d have said if people wanted to go and support the team at Tannadice then they should go and do exactly that. Thatâ??s me just saying how I honestly feel. As far as Iâ??m concerned enoughâ??s enough now. Letâ??s not just keep digging everything up.

I know Charles had his say over this, but Iâ??d also be interested to know what the manager Ally McCoist thinks.

I reckon heâ??d have wanted as many Rangers fans in the ground as possible.

As it is there looks like there will be very few â?? if any â?? inside the ground cheering his men on.

Rangers and United are two clubs I hold close to my heart. United gave me my start before my career path took me to Rangers.

The same could be said for Walter Smith and Duncan Ferguson. Gordan Petric was another who moved from Tannadice to Ibrox and did well.

Itâ??s not nice to see relations go the way they have. As for the game itself, of course Rangers have a chance. You just need to look at what Arbroath did against Celtic. Down the years the games between the two clubs have been good.

With Rangers where they are, this time United will go in as big favourites. Rangers going in as the underdogs will be very unusual.

I just wish we could stop all this infighting. Otherwise this bitterness will continue to dog our game.

Then this.....

Gough posted this on his facebook

"I am 100% commited to my support of Rangers Football Club but I am unsure if boycotting games is the right way forward.How many clubs do we boycott.It is harder to forgive than hate.I think we as a club should take the higher moral ground.I would want my supporters behind me at Tannadice but that is my personal opinion.Goughie"

Response by the Goalie.

"We all have our beliefs Rich. I respect you opinion and always will. Personally I think a stance now MUST be made and a boycott is something I believe in. They along with several others have no remorse putting us down when we've since been proven innocent.

He'll mend em.

The fans that do go I respect their decision. They won't be criticised by me. The fans that don't I salute you. We've all had enough.

See you Friday night pal and look forward to walking out at Ibrox again shoulder to shoulder with you and the guys. It will be special for ALL Rangers People."

Great words from The Goalie

Goughie has had a change of Heart

"Just read most of the opinions on my page and most of the support think that the Dundee United game should be boycotted. If that is the way the majority feel then I am behind you.It is a shame that you will not be behind the team that day but we got a not bad result when you were not with us in Leeds. Goughie"

Gough posted this on his facebook

"I am 100% commited to my support of Rangers Football Club but I am unsure if boycotting games is the right way forward.How many clubs do we boycott.It is harder to forgive than hate.I think we as a club should take the higher moral ground.I would want my supporters behind me at Tannadice but that is my personal opinion.Goughie"

Response by the Goalie.

"We all have our beliefs Rich. I respect you opinion and always will. Personally I think a stance now MUST be made and a boycott is something I believe in. They along with several others have no remorse putting us down when we've since been proven innocent.

He'll mend em.

The fans that do go I respect their decision. They won't be criticised by me. The fans that don't I salute you. We've all had enough.

See you Friday night pal and look forward to walking out at Ibrox again shoulder to shoulder with you and the guys. It will be special for ALL Rangers People."

Great words from The Goalie

Goughie has had a change of Heart

"Just read most of the opinions on my page and most of the support think that the Dundee United game should be boycotted. If that is the way the majority feel then I am behind you.It is a shame that you will not be behind the team that day but we got a not bad result when you were not with us in Leeds. Goughie"