Join us, cash in

They can't even effectively finance the current format. How will they manage to finance this extented stuff then? Does the influx the teams named enhance the quality of the SPL any farther than what it offers now? That is, will this convince the TV dealers et al?

That s my thoughts they have ran up a 12m debt! They are playing a desperate game and if the SFL clubs fall for it then shame on them. But surely they see that having Rangers in the SFL is as much a money maker as any. Elgin hit the jacketpot due to be playing twice in 1 week, but sillyness cost them a part of it. Queens Park stand to make a fortune if they open most of Hampden up for our fixture.

There will be no half decent TV deal without OF derbies. Cant see Sky thinking Livingston v St Johnstone will be attractive.

After the way the SPL fucked about with the SFL regarding what league Rangers should play in,they will be mugs to join a busted flush,this is the best chance for changing Scottish football, but bigoted agenda driven forces will scupper it again

After the way the SPL fucked about with the SFL regarding what league Rangers should play in,they will be mugs to join a busted flush,this is the best chance for changing Scottish football, but bigoted agenda driven forces will scupper it again

Yeah. was about to add I'll be gutted if the SFL dont come out as the lead party in Scottish football over the next 12 months. No way can that Doncaster and the SPL be left in charge for another decade of mess.

I would hope that the SFL clubs are bright enough to ask the hard questions ..... where is the money coming from, how long will it be available and is it guaranteed.

However, after the events of this last year, it would be foolish to underestimate the stupidity of those running our clubs.

If 12 new clubs all get £350,000 more than they receive at present then that is a total of £4,200,000.

I am curious as to where they plan to find that kind of extra money.

I think I read the extra £350K is only for the winner of the First Division (or SPL 2). Currently they only get £70K but that would rise under the new plans.

Hardly an English Championship like carrot! ;)