Rangers donate Dundee Utd Gate Receipt Share to Charity

So are Rangers not depriving a charity by not accepting tickets? :hm:

:fish:

No BD - but I smiled. The Club are refusing tickets because of the possibility of the feelings between rival fans escalating. All very admirable. We all just wish that CG had been clearer in his explanation of this.

Donating the proceeds of Rangers share to worthy charities is a great move and much welcomed by this Bear.

we won't be able to really hurt utd here anyway. chances are they will get good ticket sales and add in the tv money.

however, when we start meeting them in the league again we can really hurt them. this is all about setting ourselves up properly for that

people say what if its a draw. but they do.t understand what's going on here. if its a draw we go along and sell out ibrox and roar like lions at the zebra.

the real killer blow is still to come and utd are the wounded zebra

It's a marker GS - and a big one at that. Mark my words, there will be a few SPL teams contemplating this move. As you rightly point out, this is not just about the Cups. This has long term implications for them all.

So - to all the SPL sides - make your bed, but be prepared to lie in it.

Ball in your court time.

Would be interesting to know if Charlie had this planned when he backed the boycott and waited for all of them to get their knickers in a twist before dropping the bomb.

If he did then it was a masterstroke.

Seems to me that's exactly what he did!

Graham Roberts view on the situation

I fully support their boycott for Dundee Utd. Thompson, the Utd chairman was very vocal against Rangers over several years, and in particular the last year. In 2009 when the game was abandoned at half time, and then they made Rangers fans pay again to get entry to the rearranged game. Out of order. Rangers don't forget. Payback time.

He thinks they can live without Rangers, well why are your team, Dundee Utd kicking up a fuss about Rangers refusing an allocation? I think otherwise, your struggling and NEED the money. UNLUCKY, Rangers fans are quite rightly not coming to this game.

As for the Arab Trust, you want want all your fans to pack the stadium, there still won't manage that, and there will be no atmosphere. You want the gate money for yourselves, but I didn't hear Rangers shouting for the full gate money in previous cup games when your 150 fans turned up at Ibrox.

Keep up the good work Charles Green. Good Luck Rangers.

It won't hurt us that much financially as we will still get the tv cash.

It is a fantastic gesture, whatever the motives are for it!

I like the way Green thinks.....he seems a devious bastard and we need someone like that. Its been missing for way to long.

**edit** Devious in a good way for the club. Not like the previous devious bastards that ruined everything!!!

He might be a devious bastard but he is our devious bastard.