Rangers share offer prospectus (PDF) 122pages.

Bearing in mind the shareholders already on-board who have less than 3%, can anyone clarify how these numbers and percentages are going to be working out?

The document is headed saying the proposed placing and offer is for 38,528,571 shares at 70p per share.

Page 4 - Placing shares going to institutional investors (conditional on market admission) 24,242,857 = 42% of the enlarged share capital and will raise approx' £17m.

Page 5 - Shareholders with 3% or more holding immediately following admission will have 36385200 shares = 63.11%

Page 8 - Offer shares: 14,285,714 New Ordinary Shares expected to represent 63.3% of the enlarged share issue capital of the company.

Am I missing something or does 63.3% + 42% of "enlarged share issue capital of the company" add up to 105.3% ? :hm:

You've argued well and have made a lot of reasonable points. I guess it boils down to disappointment in the way that the whole thing is being set up. I had presumed, perhaps foolishly, that the share issue was solely to raise cash for the club and plenty of fans were willing to invest on that basis. The club could be well run and there could be future increases in share value allowing investors to get their money back if required. I'm also disappointed about not being able to invest in the club. I want to be a shareholder in Rangers Football Club, not a holding company.

Surely what happened in the summer shows that we can never be shareholders in the Club? I thought I had over 500 shares in the Club, turns out I was wrong otherwise those shares would still be valid would they not?

Surely what happened in the summer shows that we can never be shareholders in the Club? I thought I had over 500 shares in the Club, turns out I was wrong otherwise those shares would still be valid would they not?

You did and I did have shares in the club. The club then transferred to another company. The club is The Rangers Football Club plc. That company plays the games, owns the players, owns Ibrox. It is the club.

We are being asked to buy shares in a company that just owns some shares. It is not the club. We are being asked to buy shares in the equivalent of Murray MHL Limited.

???????????????????? how insulting.

Well if you have saying Bomber was right is a wild conclusion. He was claiming all sorts like Whyte owns Ibrox, all the season ticket money is being filtered out, administration again soon, Charles Green said a big bad evil thing, Green doesn't want a football license etc etc.

Dividends are a perfectly common business practice including at football clubs. Now if in your view any money being taken out of the club is us being 'screwed' then fair enough, but that by no means equals or even suggest us going into administration and insolvency again.

So it's inaccurate to say 'screwed again' like it's a repeat of Whyte or something.

You did and I did have shares in the club. The club then transferred to another company. The club is The Rangers Football Club plc. That company plays the games, owns the players, owns Ibrox. It is the club.

We are being asked to buy shares in a company that just owns some shares. It is not the club. We are being asked to buy shares in the equivalent of Murray MHL Limited.

So the company we're being asked to buy shares in isn't the same company that has it's name on the property deeds? How important is that? Is it concerning you?