Rangers share offer prospectus (PDF) 122pages.

It's possible, although there's obviously a risk that the value could fall below that level as well. There's also a certain amount of time that they need to hold onto the shares so that they can benefit from the tax.

You have to think that the market in our shares will continue to be illiquid so there's also a big question mark as to who would buy the shares if they decide to sell.

this is what intrigues me. who do they see buying their shares.

if you look at the oldco tiny numbers of shares changed hands

I we want investment from sources other than the fan base, there needs to be some incentive for them to invest.

A large multi-national company/investor ain't gonna put in money just coz its Rangers. They will demand some kind of return. If there is a good return, that will then encourage others to invest, and therefore there is a regular stream of investment coming into the club.

A possible reason for the lack of share activity in the past could probably be down to who owned the shares - fans who had no intention of selling them. Change the structure of the shares & include an incentive and I'm positive there will be a more active market for them!!!

Having worked with a number of hedge funds over the years (in fact my previous company was bought out by a hedge fund), these guys always have an investment horizon. In my case there strategy was maximise the profits out of the company for a five year period, and thereafter sell their shareholding to other investors. To be fair, the dividends were only paid out after taking into account any working capital, capex or potential investment required over the following 12 months, but then again, there is a massive difference between an insurance company and Rangers Football Club.

We really need to ensure that supporters are taking up as much of the initial investment on offer and possibly also obtain committment that we are given first option of sale of shares at the end of the investment horizon. This is the only way in which we can control the financial destiny of the club.

All profits should be invested in the club. It now seems as if a bigger priority may be to create profit to pay dividends. :(

It's concerning. We could have the scenario whereby we are looking at breaking even for the year but we then sell a player for £5m who has been with us for 5 years on 30th June and buy another for £5m on a 5 year contract on the same day, instantly creating a £4m+ profit. The club's cash may not have changed but a profit has been generated due to accounting treatment, allowing the club to pay dividends using the following season's season ticket money.