SPFA: Rangers Players Must Resign Now

As it had s become abundantly clear over the last 24 hours, there is some sinister activity underway by the SPFA against Rangers FC.

As I have previously blogged, SPFA lawyer Margaret Gribbon is a Rangers hater.

In fact, after I blogged the picture of Gribbon at Celtic Park with Rosie Kane, an old cliché came to mind: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, itâ??s a duck.

So, I donâ??t think it would be outside the realms of possibility that Gribbon is another Celtic Supporter with an unhinged hatred for Rangers.

http://williampoole.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/margaret-grubbon-associates/

I would never have taken Fraser Wishart for a fool. In fact, heâ??s a very intelligent man, so it is a surprise to see him quoted in the newspapers as this â??caseâ? against Rangers unravels

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sfa-v-rangers-the-strange-case-1485866

It looks like he has been manipulated by Gribbon and he needs to wake up before she damages all credibility he has worked so hard to achieve.

Make no mistake, the statement quoted in Keith Jacksonâ??s article has her hand all over it.

As Jackson points out, this â??caseâ? is riddled with inaccuracies and appears to be without the backing of any players yet.

So, that begs the question, why remain in the union if you are a Rangers player, or, indeed, a Rangers supporter.

The time has come for this fight from Rangers to be taken down a level.

Yes, let Charles Green deal with the pending legal cases, but every single Rangers player and supporter playing in Scotland should do their bit and resign publicly from the SPFA.

This, would compromise the SPFA, and show that it is not acting for its clients, but is simply acting against Rangers, and has been since the summer.

While there is so much positivity around Ibrox, it should not be forgotten that Gribbon, the SPFA, and playersâ?? agents were instrumental in losing Rangers millions of pounds when we most needed it, by engineering the â??freeâ? moves of several high value footballers.

It is now attempting to blackmail Rangers to stop pursuing cash the club is rightly due.

Those involved should have their positions made untenable

Rangers fans should also be aware, that while the SPLâ??s own Rangers hating lawyer Rod McKenzie prepares to ignore the FTT judgement in favour of his own verdict, any appeal that Rangers may have that will go to the SFAâ??s Judicial Panel, may well end up in front of Gribbon, whose profile on the Pro Legal Site states â??Margaret has also recently been appointed to the SFAâ??s Judicial Panel.â?

So, on two fronts, this woman is in position to damage Rangers, and the club need to ensure that cannot happen.

Bill

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=3

There is undoubtedly brinksmanship going on, but I'm concerned about looking to deeply for conspiracy here. No one will ever convince me that Fraser Wishart is anti-Rangers, indeed I don't believe the SPFA is anti-Rangers. As Rangers supporters we might naturally look at this and be appalled that footballers, many of who are extremely wealthy already, are taking the club to industrial tribunals. As all of them have new, well paying jobs it seems obscene. They might have a case legally but morally (where have we heard that before!) it feels wrong.

However, does Charles Green have any moral or legal right to claim transfer fees for players that belonged to 'oldco'? It's complicated. In theory they could have TUPEd across, but no one has to do that, you can't force an employee to transfer if they don't want too, surely that applies to footballers as well as the rest of us? That's the SPFA point in this. Footballers are people, not assets, can you really 'buy' people in that way? It is of course further complicated by the fact that footballers are 'bought' and 'sold' fairly regularly. They have allowed themselves to become 'assets' that are traded rather than employees who can work where they choose.

If we can remove the emotional from this, which is hard, what the SPFA are saying is these players are 'people' basically employees like you and me and able to choose their own destiny. What Charles Green is saying is they aren't, they are valuable assets and part of the company he bought and so he is entitled to take ownership of them.

I disagree with how the SPFA are handling this but I've some sympathy with their point of view.

There is undoubtedly brinksmanship going on, but I'm concerned about looking to deeply for conspiracy here. No one will ever convince me that Fraser Wishart is anti-Rangers, indeed I don't believe the SPFA is anti-Rangers. As Rangers supporters we might naturally look at this and be appalled that footballers, many of who are extremely wealthy already, are taking the club to industrial tribunals. As all of them have new, well paying jobs it seems obscene. They might have a case legally but morally (where have we heard that before!) it feels wrong.

However, does Charles Green have any moral or legal right to claim transfer fees for players that belonged to 'oldco'? It's complicated. In theory they could have TUPEd across, but no one has to do that, you can't force an employee to transfer if they don't want too, surely that applies to footballers as well as the rest of us? That's the SPFA point in this. Footballers are people, not assets, can you really 'buy' people in that way? It is of course further complicated by the fact that footballers are 'bought' and 'sold' fairly regularly. They have allowed themselves to become 'assets' that are traded rather than employees who can work where they choose.

If we can remove the emotional from this, which is hard, what the SPFA are saying is these players are 'people' basically employees like you and me and able to choose their own destiny. What Charles Green is saying is they aren't, they are valuable assets and part of the company he bought and so he is entitled to take ownership of them.

I disagree with how the SPFA are handling this but I've some sympathy with their point of view.

Green got Southampton, Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday to settle with fees (not huge ones but they were never going to be anyway) so the cases seem to at least be worth pursuing.

The SPFA seem to be playing dirty tricks in this. They are muddying the water with a counter court case to use as leverage to get Rangers to drop their court case. If Rangers are so wrong then surely they should be fighting it in court? After all this is no kangaroo court with a huge conflict of interest, of the like that Rangers will face in other matters.

It sounds like they don't have a strong case and so are going for dirtier tactics to compensate. However, once again they seem to be acting in the interests of the richest players at the expense of those who do not earn as much - a strategy that has put many of their members out of work. Not much of a union philosophy if you ask me.

As for the TUPE, surely Green doesn't have a case if they turned this down properly? I could well be wrong, but it seems to me that instead of turning it down, they let the TUPE happen and then didn't turn up to work. If that's the case then you can also see the point of the claim for lack of consultation.

But the biggest problem here is that in a system of compensation and contracts that are to be fulfilled money wise when they are not work wise, TUPE is not a good fit. Surely there should be something in FIFA's rules to cover this? How can clubs be demanding transfer fees from our per-administration days and at the same time other clubs are picking up our players - sometimes the very same ones, for nothing?

Honestly, this direct involvement of openly pro-Celtic people is defying belief. We should - in advance and openly - make it clear to UEFA that there is no impartiality afoot here, with the benificiaries being the very same team these people support.

Edited by der Berliner

Can any else see a pattern develop here?

In the first case we had QC McBride(Celtic's on off unofficial and official voice) working away behind the scenes for the SFA re-writing the rules, who was the first and only club to suffer under these new rules?

Then we have the corrupt and disgraced lawyer McConville working behind the scenes at the RTC blog.

Then we have lawyers Harper McLeod working for Celtic , the SPL and the SFA trying to strip of us Titles.

Now we have Ms Gribbon working for SPFA (recently co-opted onto the sfa appeals panel) trying to undermine Rangers.

All lawyers linked to Celtic FC one way or another, call me paranoid but i smell conspiracy.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Seeing as how 'newco' has been held responsible for the debts and punishments of 'oldco' then why should 'newco' not benefit from the assets and contracts of 'oldco'.

Like you say it is complicated. But sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander and all that.

Can any else see a pattern develop here?

In the first case we had QC McBride(Celtic's on off unofficial and official voice) working away behind the scenes for the SFA re-writing the rules, who was the first and only club to suffer under these new rules?

Then we have the corrupt and disgraced lawyer McConville working behind the scenes at the RTC blog.

Then we have lawyers Harper McLeod working for Celtic , the SPL and the SFA trying to strip of us Titles.

Now we have Ms Gribbon working for SPFA (recently co-opted onto the sfa appeals panel) trying to undermine Rangers.

All lawyers linked to Celtic FC one way or another, call me paranoid but i smell conspiracy.

You're most definitely not paranoid. There's now a relatively large body of evidence that there's been a conspiracy against us and that the SFA have been complicit in it. One example was the SFA hiring Aidan O'Neill QC to fight the transfer ban case in the Court of Session. Now, even although we're unlawfully serving the transfer ban after having rightly won that case, we shouldn't dismiss or forget the fact that the SFA hired a QC who wouldn't be out of place sitting in the Celtic directors box. Obviously there's a possibility that all of the Celtic-minded people being hired (or used) by the SFA, SPL, SPFA & other parties trying to KO our club is just pure coincidence, but it's a pretty bloody remote possibility.

Edited by Zappa