Fans Slow On Uptake Of Gers Shares

Seriously ... I don't think Green needs supporter investment to cover the IPO although he probably sees it as a 'nice to have' and a good way of showing his commitment to the support. I suspect he already has plenty of institutional investment available to snap up those shares that the support doesn't buy.

And .... if institutions are buying then it suggests that they like what they are seeing and consider Rangers to be a good bet.

Of course it's a good bet for them, it's just not so good for us. We had better make this money last, because it will be the last we see for a long time.

While I agree that this share issue did not come at the righ time, Green told us in June that he wanted one this year. So he stood by this word and had one. I for one don't see any great problems with this. If we get 5m, fine. If we get 10m, better. If we get more, brilliant. No-one stops us from having another share issue in years to come or people buying shares normally.

While I agree that this share issue did not come at the righ time, Green told us in June that he wanted one this year. So he stood by this word and had one. I for one don't see any great problems with this. If we get 5m, fine. If we get 10m, better. If we get more, brilliant. No-one stops us from having another share issue in years to come or people buying shares normally.

Another share issue? I doubt that very much. The shares will peak, green and co will sell up. Liquidity will die, the price will drop, Rangers will de-list, and we will all be sitting with worthless pieces of paper. Well, that's what happened with greens last share issue at Sheffield. It's worth noting that green cant sell up until he resigns his post as ceo. When he does that, start worrying.

Another share issue? I doubt that very much. The shares will peak, green and co will sell up. Liquidity will die, the price will drop, Rangers will de-list, and we will all be sitting with worthless pieces of paper. Well, that's what happened with greens last share issue at Sheffield. It's worth noting that green cant sell up until he resigns his post as ceo. When he does that, start worrying.

That's the doomesday scenario. I doubt that Sheffield were in the same position as we are now ... or essentially come anywhere close to what sort of opportunity Rangers FC shares will hand to investors. The one thing with these models of selling up and riding into the sunset is: you have to find someone willing to buy these share. Unless I am mistaken, our status and those people attracted to us have not really changed. Maybe, in 4 years time or so, Walter can get Ian McColl back in and take the club over. (Not very likely ... )