Fans Slow On Uptake Of Gers Shares

Yes, our directors wages are more like that of a middling Premiership team than what is basically the equivalent of a lower Championship team.

BUT they also get millions of pounds worth of shares on top. Green will have 8.4% of the club for NO investment PLUS the wage. That could be £5m and I'll bet the Man U CEO doesn't get that.

I highly doubt David Gill isn't paid plenty more than that.

But so should our turnover. If, in three years, we have a turnover of £100 million then that will finance a wage bill of around £33 million. Which is not far from where we were before.

Get the business right and we can afford the sort of players we need to drive some success in Europe with breaking the bank. That, for me, is Green's job.

But so should our turnover. If, in three years, we have a turnover of £100 million then that will finance a wage bill of around £33 million. Which is not far from where we were before.

Get the business right and we can afford the sort of players we need to drive some success in Europe with breaking the bank. That, for me, is Green's job.

That's a far bigger if than Kipling could ever dream of!

I don't think that's entirely true, would Green have attracted these people without high incentive?

You can talk about just getting other people but that pretty much goes back to TBK debate again.

Possibly but for me, we needed a rich Rangers fan who could rescue the club like Green did and then sell the club to the fans for a fair amount while pocketing a million for his trouble. People are talking like a million is peanuts but it's not bad for a year's work for anyone.

Most owners LOSE money in football - even look at Vlad and other SPL chairmen who are swapping debt for equity. Clubs are usually a labour of love, a rich man's hobby and they also bring you business outside of the game.

You don't usually buy a classic car because you want to make money, you buy it to spend money on. If you're canny you might not hemorrhage money and might find ways of bringing some money in like Weddings. But who really respects those that buy classic cars to make huge amounts of money?

But to get back to my point, a McCann type character could have spent 10m on the club and then sold it back to us for £11m. We also need investment but that could have been another share issue in a couple of years.

I would forgo massive investments for a while for pure fan ownership. I would have bought into that. At the moment it seems I'm being offered someone elses get rich quick scheme - which is fine elsewhere, but this is a bit more like emotional blackmail.

If I wasn't a supporter/fan, and this was another business, I wouldn't even consider investing, so comparing it as such is missing a huge point.

Not really if you think about it.

We were turning over around £50 million before Whyte. And that was with a bunch of revenue activities being outsourced. So, for example, before it was outsourced, merchandise had a turnover of around £20 million a year. After outsourcing we only saw £3 million a year although that was all profit. So, bring merchandise in-house and you add £17 million to that £50 million (assuming we can recover that level). Then add catering and the other stuff that we outsourced and you have a few million to add on top of that. Then add some growth due to competent management plus an expansion of paid media activities and suddenly you are not that far off £100 million.

The problem under Murray was that there was no growth and no focus on running Rangers as a business. So our turnover stagnated around that £50 million mark. Get some decent management and I think we can do a lot better.

Possibly but for me, we needed a rich Rangers fan who could rescue the club like Green did and then sell the club to the fans for a fair amount while pocketing a million for his trouble. People are talking like a million is peanuts but it's not bad for a year's work for anyone.

Most owners LOSE money in football - even look at Vlad and other SPL chairmen who are swapping debt for equity. Clubs are usually a labour of love, a rich man's hobby and they also bring you business outside of the game.

You don't usually buy a classic car because you want to make money, you buy it to spend money on. If you're canny you might not hemorrhage money and might find ways of bringing some money in like Weddings. But who really respects those that buy classic cars to make huge amounts of money?

But to get back to my point, a McCann type character could have spent 10m on the club and then sold it back to us for £11m. We also need investment but that could have been another share issue in a couple of years.

I would forgo massive investments for a while for pure fan ownership. I would have bought into that. At the moment it seems I'm being offered someone elses get rich quick scheme - which is fine elsewhere, but this is a bit more like emotional blackmail.

If I wasn't a supporter/fan, and this was another business, I wouldn't even consider investing, so comparing it as such is missing a huge point.

For me you're looking for an ideal fantasy senario that may just not be possible. I may be proved wrong in the future but i believe if tycoon Rangers men wanted to pump millions in for virtually nothing back they'd have done it by now and certainly pushed the boat out more to buy the club in the first place. I just would rather make the best of what we have rather than pining after something else.

I think you're wrong about people buying football clubs, plenty see it as as a business opportunity. Unless you're an Abramovich or Sheik Mansour it generally won't be a play thing.

If it wasn't a fan I wouldn't pay what we do to watch games in a fairly average footballing country, so it's a moot point that for me.

We've got a fan on board.

Charles Green.

Admittedly, he's a fan of making dosh, but that may not necessarily be a bad thing for us