McGregor was, for me, a good goalkeeper but nothing more - and he was responsible for some shocking lapses of concentration, one of which effectively put us out of the CL against Kaunus.

Even Goram made some howlers. McGregor was absolutely top notch even if that in the same class as Goram.

In which case our record over the years is pretty dire.

Ain't that the truth. Since the mid 1980s we've really only produced Barry Ferguson and Allan MacGregor who could be considered consistently top class.

To be fair Scotland as a country has failed in that time too, but an argument could be made about our current plight and the consequence of our inability to produce our own players throughout the 90s and early 2000s.

McGregor was, for me, a good goalkeeper but nothing more - and he was responsible for some shocking lapses of concentration, one of which effectively put us out of the CL against Kaunus.

I don't think it's fair to blame an individual or individual error for that CL exit, but if I was going to, it would probably be the mistake from Daily.

I don't think it's fair to blame an individual or individual error for that CL exit, but if I was going to, it would probably be the mistake from Daily.

When you look back McGregor was prone to howlers every now & then, especially in OF games. I do agree with Real PapaBear that he was responsible for the Kaunus defeat