Reconstruction talks

I can't see how it won't go through:

1. All current SPL teams will vote in favour

2. At the very least, the top teams in the division one will want to ensure that if they are promoted and then relegated, they will get the parachute payment. Therefore will vote ''Aye".

3. Third division teams will be delirious for the chance to play against Rangers twice next season again. I read earlier on that it is estimated that from the Rangers ''windfall'' they have already earned more than they had earned over the past three seasons. A second year of playing against us would really keep the wolf from the door during the hard times that are sure to hit Scottish football.

The only discenting voices could be those teams in Div 2, who would lose out on playing against the Rangers next season.

Does anyone categorically know the number of votes that would be required to prevent this from happening?

Has there been any Media reports (papers, online etc) that have actually praised the proposed setup???

All I have seen is folk saying it won't work....While I don't quite agree that it won't work, I just can't see how there's gonna be any real improvement. From my understanding, the main focus once the leagues split will be in the middle promotion/relegation league - that's where teams really have something to fight for - if this is the case, are the main sponsors gonna be happy with that???

I do think it is so wrong for Rangers not to be invited to the reconstruction talks,the biggest and most successful Scottish team not even asked for their input is shocking and a deliberate snub!.

did green not agree to having no say for years as part of accepting our licence? i thought i seen that on sky yesterday.

Has there been any Media reports (papers, online etc) that have actually praised the proposed setup???

All I have seen is folk saying it won't work....While I don't quite agree that it won't work, I just can't see how there's gonna be any real improvement. From my understanding, the main focus once the leagues split will be in the middle promotion/relegation league - that's where teams really have something to fight for - if this is the case, are the main sponsors gonna be happy with that???

peter lawwell has done a press conference commending the plans and sharing his delight and excitement at change. celtic are happy with more years of guaranteed trophies and no challenge.

Well it will take the eye off the fact that Celtic will have walked away with another league title without a challenge.