Charles Green Statement-spl reconstruction

Ach, behave :)

I am behaving. :)

Seriously though... I think the club should take a stronger stance on the subject of reconstruction and our promotion this season. They're already saying they don't support the crazy 12-12-18 proposals, but I think when making any statement about it they should also say that while we don't support the proposals, if they get voted through and do indeed go ahead, then we expect to be rightfully promoted. He's kind of said that, but Green needs to be crystal clear about it and state that if we win the 3rd division this season, then under no circumstances do we expect to still be in the same league next season as our current opponents because it would be a breach of the rules and our right to be properly promoted.

He's kind of said that, but Green needs to be crystal clear about it and state that if we win the 3rd division this season, then under no circumstances do we expect to still be in the same league next season as our current opponents because it would be a breach of the rules and our right to be properly promoted.

I agree. I don't think Green's said anything wrong. I just think he has a stronger case to put forward. I don't even think it's a case to do with what we expect. We should be ponting at the rulebook and saying that under no circumstances will we accept being in the same league next season as our current opponents should we win it.

Let them make of that what they will. Just let them know we're prepared to fight it all the way.

Maybe he's keeping the rule book on hold to see if the SFL follow suit and commit football Hara-kiri.

It's the SFL rulebook and wouldn't have had much if any effect on the SPL meeting today.

If our case is made to the SFL clubs after their meeting on Thursday then it'll be too late.

It's the SFL rulebook and wouldn't have had much if any effect on the SPL meeting today.

If our case is made to the SFL clubs after their meeting on Thursday then it'll be too late.

There's no vote on Thursday its only a meeting to see if the teams want to take it forward, if they do I'm sure we will hear more from Green.

call me a conspiratorial bar steward, but here's a wee thought:

1. Reconstruction goes ahead with 12-12-18.

2. The SFA 'reluctantly' accept that Rangers, as winners of div 3 have to be promoted, citing the Stranraer example as precedent.

3. Rangers thus go into the second group of twelve

4.Providing we manage to get into the top 4 of that second group we play 4 SPL clubs, when the groups split into three 8s.

5. Presumably, we'd have enough about us to get into the top half of that group of 8, we get back into the top flight in two years instead of three - and the SPL get thrown a financial lifeline from our travelling support and from SKY.

The corrupt muppets at the SFA/SPL get to peddle the myth of sporting integrity, get to enjoy having handed out a good kicking to a wounded Rangers and get to survive because we're back in the top flight.

call me a conspiratorial bar steward, but here's a wee thought:

1. Reconstruction goes ahead with 12-12-18.

2. The SFA 'reluctantly' accept that Rangers, as winners of div 3 have to be promoted, citing the Stranraer example as precedent.

3. Rangers thus go into the second group of twelve

4.Providing we manage to get into the top 4 of that second group we play 4 SPL clubs, when the groups split into three 8s.

5. Presumably, we'd have enough about us to get into the top half of that group of 8, we get back into the top flight in two years instead of three - and the SPL get thrown a financial lifeline from our travelling support and from SKY.

The corrupt muppets at the SFA/SPL get to peddle the myth of sporting integrity, get to enjoy having handed out a good kicking to a wounded Rangers and get to survive because we're back in the top flight.

It's possible although I can't see them wanting to do us any favours even if it is in their best interest. Besides, they keep saying that there's no way we'll be fast tracked.

...then again, last summer Doncaster kept emphasizing that there was no difference in his eyes between a CVA and Newco exit from administration while Longmuir repeatedly said there was no route into the SFL for us ...and we all know how that turned out.