Charles Green Statement-spl reconstruction

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green has released the following statement after an announcement by the SPL on league reconstruction today.

He said: â??Because of Rangersâ?? position I can do little more than watch this scramble to reconstruct Scottish football with interest and also bewilderment.

â??I have to wait until more detail of todayâ??s meetings at Hampden emerges but I must say I fail to understand why the SPL didnâ??t move to a vote on their 12-12-18 structure.

"After all, SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster is telling everyone agreement was unanimous. So why the delay?

â??Might it have been too big a risk to put the format to a vote today?

â??The SFL clubs meet on Thursday and there has to be the concern that if they donâ??t vote or arrive at any concrete solution then Scottish football could be back in the same situation which caused so much trauma last summer.

"What we donâ??t need is a repeat of that when one group would meet but do nothing hoping the other lot would make a decision.

â??This is far too important an issue for it to be knocked back and forth but I really do wonder if all 12 clubs are happy with todayâ??s outcome.

"Iâ??m not so sure that is the case but hopefully we will get to the end of this in a proper and coherent manner.

â??And that should also mean every effort is taken to avoid trampling fair play in the stampede to bring in something new just for the sake of it.

â??Clubs have been playing from the start of this season believing theyâ??d be rewarded for success through promotion and that should remain the case.

"But of course I cannot represent my club at any of the meetings or have a say in league reconstruction so all I can do is hope the morally correct decisions will be made.

"All clubs, Rangers included, deserve that much at least.�

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3243-charles-green-statement

A decent statement, but he should be reinforcing the fact that even during a league reconstruction process, we should still get a promotion.

Eh ?

“Clubs have been playing from the start of this season believing they’d be rewarded for success through promotion and that should remain the case." - this is him saying exactly that Zappa.

He does say that Zappa.

Eh ?

“Clubs have been playing from the start of this season believing they’d be rewarded for success through promotion and that should remain the case." - this is him saying exactly that Zappa.

Yes, but he isn't directly talking about or reinforcing the fact that according to the SFL articles/rules we're currently playing under, we have the right to be promoted even during a reconstruction process.

Yes, but he isn't directly talking about or reinforcing the fact that according to the SFL articles/rules we're currently playing under, we have the right to be promoted even during a reconstruction process.

Ach, behave :)