Leggat messed up?

IN RESPONSE TO CONCERNS FROM FELLOW FANS, ASSEMBLY VICE PRESIDENT ROSS BLYTH WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO RESPOND.

"I HAD INTENDED TO COMPLY WITH THE TANNADICE BOYCOTT EVEN THOUGH NOT FULLY COMFORTABLE WITH IT.

FOLLOWING COMMENTS FROM THE CLUB MANAGER ON FRIDAY THAT HE COULDN'T PERSONALLY CRITICISE THE FANS WHO DID GO, I THEN DECIDED TO ATTEND THE GAME.

NATURALLY I REGRET THE REACTION THIS HAS CAUSED BUT HOPE PEOPLE REALISE THIS WAS NOT DRIVEN BY ANYTHING OTHER THAN A DESIRE TO WATCH THE TEAM PLAY.

I HAVE TONIGHT OFFERED MY RESIGNATION TO THE ASSEMBLY"

turns out leggo was right.

cant criticise ross personally i would have gone if i fancied it.

Dear oh dear, so he did go after the org he represents said don't go, then he comes out with a lame ass excuse to cover his arse. While at the same time giving an interview to one of the biggest Rangers hating bawbags in the country.

What's he going to do for an encore get spit roasted by Liewell & Rhegan, while Dhonkeycaster films it while giving himself a chugg.

It's all a bit sad if we are now turning on our own. People can be members of groups and still hold differing opinions. This whole boycott has been a sorry affair.

He was the vice president of the group and said this:

Ross Blyth, spokesperson Rangers Supporters Assembly, told STV he hopes the Rangers chief executive will talk to fans over the move.

He said: “We’d like to speak to Charles Green over this. If he understands the fans’ feelings, which I’m sure he does we would like to think he would support us.

“We would hope Charles Green would consult us before a final decision is made.

“The dislike between Rangers and Dundee United fans has grown more than with any other club.”

He added: “The ill feel between the two club dates back to 2009 after postponed match at Tannadice. After initially telling Rangers fans tickets would be valid for the rescheduled fixture, they then recharged us.

“Then we’ve got what happened in the summer and the general attitude of chairman Stephen Thompson. He wanted Rangers to suffer.

“He wanted us to be hit financially yet wanted to benefit from Rangers via the television revenue.”

Asked whether an absence of away fans may have an effect on the Rangers team, Mr Blyth said: “I can see the reason behind supporting the team and knocking United out of the cup and making them suffer that way but you’ve got to understand the strong feelings and anger Rangers fans have towards Dundee United.”