Whyte Is Insignificant

CHARLES GREEN has urged Rangers fans to treat Craig Whyte like the insignificance he now is with the club confidently marching on in a bright new era.

As the Light Blues marked the first anniversary since plunging into administration yesterday, their former owner said he had not done anything â??remotely crookedâ?? in his time at Ibrox.

That was after Gersâ?? financial problems had escalated last Valentineâ??s Day because of Whyteâ??s failure to pay £9million of PAYE to HMRC.

Whyte also said he welcomed a fair investigation into his takeover of the 54-times Scottish champions and their consequent insolvency, insisting he sleeps soundly at night.

By contrast, Green has had little time to rest lately as he has conducted club business as far afield as Dubai, Qatar, Australia and Belgium in the last fortnight.

The chief executive is focused on taking Rangers forward after they nearly went out of existence last year.

And he believes all supporters should look ahead rather than back as the Govan outfit goes from strength to strength both on and off the park.

Green said: â??I think most Rangers fans and most football fans will understand now that what Craig Whyte says doesnâ??t mean anything.

â??He says one thing and it means something else. He says he sleeps well at night so if he has no conscience, maybe he does.

â??I canâ??t sleep at night because Iâ??m worried about Rangers and my concern is how we get it moving forward.

â??I canâ??t sleep at night because Iâ??m flying between Dubai and Perth or Sydney and Glasgow doing business for the club.

â??Craig Whyte is insignificant to us now. He is history and his name will be there forever for all the wrong reasons.

â??My advice to Rangers fans is to not look back and instead to look forward to what we do over the next 12 months. I can assure you theyâ??ll be significantly better than the last 12.â?

Despite their reduced status in competitive terms from the SPL to Third Division, Rangers remain at the forefront of talks regarding what lies ahead in top-level European football.

Green was recently in Doha with head of football administration Andrew Dickson to attend the European Club Associationâ??s twoâ??day conference there.

His time in Oceania was then a combination of meetings with fans and discussions aimed at growing the Gers brand in that part of the world.

Green spent time with counterparts from A-League side Central Coast Mariners as they explored the possibility of establishing a relationship in the future.

He also looked into development opportunities in other areas which he feels can help the Light Blues grow more.

Green added: â??We were well received by the ECA. People are waiting for Rangers to get back to the top but in the meantime itâ??s important weâ??re seen to still be part of an elite group.

â??It should be remembered we were one of the founder members of that organisation and that just illustrates the status, stature and history of our club.

â??We should never forget where we were a year ago or what has happened in the last 12 months but the real key is that we now focus on the future.

â??Part of that is to be with Europeâ??s best clubs and enjoying big European nights with them on the pitch. Iâ??m sure weâ??ll see that again in the not-too-distant future.

â??UEFA representatives were there throughout the conference and I think there is now a real understanding of who the real driving force is in the game in these parts.

â??There are huge discussions about the Champions League and the Europa League and the ECA clubs are the force in football.

â??When I was later in discussions with Central Coast Mariners, we talked about how they have exported a number of players into many leagues over the last few years.

â??I think there is a fantastic Rangers base of fans in Australia and some of their kids have been born in that part of the world.

â??Between that and the connections we have out there, thereâ??s a great opportunity to develop some partnerships and an academy there.

â??The whole Asian-Oceanic rim is a hotbed of soccer talent and I think there might be business opportunities there for us.

â??If we could bring players out of the Far East region and into Europe through something like a partnership with an Australian team, that could be a good thing.â?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3378-whyte-is-insignificant

To be honest I will be very surprised if Whyte and Green did not have some relationship in the beginning but I do think Whyte was quickly cut adrift and is now no part of the club.

As for the Australian part I believe it has been tried before with Nothern Spirit(?). It costs much more than it produces and is a no goer imo. We can have scouts there without paying big money to sponsor an Australian team.

To be honest I will be very surprised if Whyte and Green did not have some relationship in the beginning but I do think Whyte was quickly cut adrift and is now no part of the club.

As for the Australian part I believe it has been tried before with Nothern Spirit(?). It costs much more than it produces and is a no goer imo. We can have scouts there without paying big money to sponsor an Australian team.

None more than Green trying to get his shares off him.

on that i saw something interesting the other day. it was about the sale document from whytes purchase.

essentially it said that SDM could buy the club back if whyte didn't invest properly as promised.

its interesting because whyte clearly never had any intention of investing anything and the only way round it is liquidation.

on that i saw something interesting the other day. it was about the sale document from whytes purchase.

essentially it said that SDM could buy the club back if whyte didn't invest properly as promised.

its interesting because whyte clearly never had any intention of investing anything and the only way round it is liquidation.

Like Murray would want to buy us back.

Along with his 2 chums from LBG who helped him get Rangers

I think there is more than 3 that should investigated and put behind bars to be honest. Whytes Lawyers and some at Ticketus for example