Dave King interview in the Daily Mail

Unfortunately one of the things we have learned is that what people say and do are not always the same thing.

He was always thought to have wanted Rangers then it is surprising why he never made a bid at 5.5 million. I am sure his money was released in SA before that time.

Hope he stays in SA.

King has called it right since the start of this mess and I feel he might yet have a bigger part to play again in the future. Much will depend on whether he gets his day in court with SDM. Clearly he still feels that he was misled when making his initial £20m investment (in terms of alleged non-disclosure as to how the Club was being financed). King indicated that any favourable settlement in respect of this action would be ploughed straight back into the Club. It would be good to think that this may still happen. I do have my doubts that he would be willing to invest fresh capital whilst Charles Green is calling the shots.

King has called it right since the start of this mess and I feel he might yet have a bigger part to play again in the future. Much will depend on whether he gets his day in court with SDM. Clearly he still feels that he was misled when making his initial £20m investment (in terms of alleged non-disclosure as to how the Club was being financed). King indicated that any favourable settlement in respect of this action would be ploughed straight back into the Club. It would be good to think that this may still happen. I do have my doubts that he would be willing to invest fresh capital whilst Charles Green is calling the shots.

It is of course possible that King is behind the whole Green pincer movement. After all, not a lot is known about all these investors that we have. Maybe he is waiting to things are clear in SA before coming out the cupboard.

Not so sure about that, my imagination doesn't stretch that far but you may well be right! Whilst King has unquestionably had his own problems my overwhelming feeling is that he does have the best interests of Rangers at heart and I would personally like to see him involved in the future.

It is of course possible that King is behind the whole Green pincer movement. After all, not a lot is known about all these investors that we have. Maybe he is waiting to things are clear in SA before coming out the cupboard.

No need for him to wait, he makes it clear in the article that there wasn't an impediment to him investing contrary to the common held myth, in fact King increased his holding from just under 5% to just over 5% when Murray Sports Limited divested prior to the takeover by Whyte. His original shareholding being in MSL not in RFC plc direct.

And what would he want with that amount of investment?

He's said before he wants a controlling interest and for me no one man should ever have full control of Rangers again.

I was of the view that King was on record as saying he would hand back anything he could successfully recover from the initial £20m. I was not of the view that this was to be in return for having a controlling interest.