New rule book for Scottish Professional Football League

kuznetsov, whats with the septic are bigger than Rangers pish?

Thought I'd stick that in there for the lad since he seems to think that's the case so readily.

Saves him making the point any time such a discussion comes up. It's his new default position.

Ever the helper, me! ;)

why? we will still be back in the spl by the same point we would if there was not reconstruction.

That's not the point.

The point is EVERY game we have played in the league has been meaningless. The end goal is promotion which will have been taken away.

If you got six numbers up would you be happy if the lottery turned around and said, sorry kuznetsov it doesn't count we've started a new competition BUT BUT BUT .........

That's not the point.

The point is EVERY game we have played in the league has been meaningless. The end goal is promotion which will have been taken away.

If you got six numbers up would you be happy if the lottery turned around and said, sorry kuznetsov it doesn't count we've started a new competition BUT BUT BUT .........

Not to mention it's against the existing rules to change the league structure half-way through the previous season.

It's an absolute nonsense and it's a disgrace that people have been defrauded.

Our fans have shown this season they'll back the club 100% despite poor football. I think that's in part due to some different opposition and lower prices.

Not so sure the figures will be the same if we're playing the same teams again, the prices rise and the product remains so average.

I have always been there through thick and thin, but thatâ??s not to be said for everyone. The attendance this year is phenomenal and we have shown a real love for the club, but it was not so long ago we had poor turn outs and even for mid-week euro games. I truly home we can keep our momentum this time. Price has no doubt had an influence this season and I canâ??t imagine it changing considerably for next season if the 12-12-18 comes into effect.

Are the SFL really going to vote for this? Are they going to be happy with a 18 team league whereby there are loads of meaningless games for a majoroty of clubs?

I know that the SPL are motivated through hatred of us but surely many of the SFL clubs would be looking after their own best interests?

I met with the owner of a largish Division 1 club recently and I was teasing him about this subject. His view, and he claims the view of many of the SFL clubs, is that to get back to one league body is in the interests of the game and the majority of the clubs in Scotland. If the price for that is a farcical league set-up for a couple of seasons then in his opinion it is worth paying. The league set-up will be changed again in a couple of seasons time if it isn't working.

As things stand today Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts are all in the bottom six, those are attractive fixtures for all the first division sides and they'd be foolish to turn that chance down. Add in some potential derby matches too.

There is still a feeling that Rangers were just as culpable as Celtic in the creation of the SPL and the disenfranchisement of most clubs in Scotland. That we now find ourselves in with the 'diddy' clubs is ironic, but it doesn't change their stance on how the game should be governed.

I have always been there through thick and thin, but that’s not to be said for everyone. The attendance this year is phenomenal and we have shown a real love for the club, but it was not so long ago we had poor turn outs and even for mid-week euro games. I truly home we can keep our momentum this time. Price has no doubt had an influence this season and I can’t imagine it changing considerably for next season if the 12-12-18 comes into effect.

I don't think anyone is denying football fans are a fickle bunch - we're no different.

All the more reason for the rules to be followed and fans to be consulted more.

That's not the point.

completely different scenario mate. i dont mind another year at the bottom as i know we will be back in the spl after the same amount of time. there is nothing we can do about, no amount of moaning will change their decisions. we roll our sleeves up and get on with it.