New rule book for Scottish Professional Football League

I met with the owner of a largish Division 1 club recently and I was teasing him about this subject. His view, and he claims the view of many of the SFL clubs, is that to get back to one league body is in the interests of the game and the majority of the clubs in Scotland. If the price for that is a farcical league set-up for a couple of seasons then in his opinion it is worth paying. The league set-up will be changed again in a couple of seasons time if it isn't working.

As things stand today Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hearts are all in the bottom six, those are attractive fixtures for all the first division sides and they'd be foolish to turn that chance down. Add in some potential derby matches too.

There is still a feeling that Rangers were just as culpable as Celtic in the creation of the SPL and the disenfranchisement of most clubs in Scotland. That we now find ourselves in with the 'diddy' clubs is ironic, but it doesn't change their stance on how the game should be governed.

No doubt about it that SDM's words and actions have resulted in so many clubs being so ready to knock us down a few pegs.

I also share the chairman's view that the structure may well change again and one single body may be for the better. However, in the meantime, fans are again taken for granted and our game may well suffer.

It's an utter nonsense.

thats why i say season books wont drop to much but this will take a toll. i can handle loosing. i've had season books in poor years but its this abject failure to play football that gets me.

Again I'd have to ask you what you have expected. I know that some do not think that we played football last season either, but that is up to them. I and many German Bears have been surprised by the standard of football actually shown by some of the Third's teams. No, it is not great, but you have to ask yourself what you are or were expecting. EPL, Championship or Seria B? And if people watch leagues with an open mind, they know that a LOT of dross is being served up even at top notch standard and not just on occasion. I'm not excusing our people for some of their abject performances of late, but neither will I accept the running claims of us being poorer than we actually are. We've got a ragtag band of average SPL pros and veterans, a few young hopefuls ... and still run away with the league. That once we are essentially home and dry the input by the players drops is natural. When some plummers see their chance to shine and hare after our people like those Stirling chaps and give us a horrid time (and its not like our superstars from the past haven't experienced similar stuff even at their prime) it is equally natural that some will not raise their games to the levels required countering that on a cold night in Scotland in a meaningless game*. A shame no doubt for every Rangers jersey, giving us all and the management major grief too, but that is the status quo. We should not cease to demand better from anyone wearing our Blue, but we also have to stay realistic on various levels.

* BTW, only Black and Little chased every lost cause that there was to the final whistle ... which tells you a story.

As I think I butted into your Twitter conversation yesterday to say after last summer's events many clubs know they can ignore their vocal supporters now. The promise of increased attendances for most of the SPL clubs if they kicked Rangers out has simply not materialised, indeed many have suffered the opposite as the season has gone on. Those clubs now know that a 'guaranteed' revenue stream is more vital than fickle hate based promises.

Clubs have reverted back to their default 'ignore supporters' position.

As Craig David says "Im walking away...." thats what Rangers FC should do. Avoid this farce like the plague. The game is crumbling in front of everyones eyes. The fans of ALL teams have been ignored. Switz coach laughing at this decision yet Doncaster is allowed to get his way???? Dont get involved in this nonsense.

Again I'd have to ask you what you have expected. I know that some do not think that we played football last season either, but that is up to them. I and many German Bears have been surprised by the standard of football actually shown by some of the Third's teams. No, it is not great, but you have to ask yourself what you are or were expecting. EPL, Championship or Seria B? And if people watch leagues with an open mind, they know that a LOT of dross is being served up even at top notch standard and not just on occasion. I'm not excusing our people for some of their abject performances of late, but neither will I accept the running claims of us being poorer than we actually are. We've got a ragtag band of average SPL pros and veterans, a few young hopefuls ... and still run away with the league. That once we are essentially home and dry the input by the players drops is natural. When some plummers see their chance to shine and hare after our people like those Stirling chaps and give us a horrid time (and its not like our superstars from the past haven't experienced similar stuff even at their prime) it is equally natural that some will not raise their games to the levels required countering that on a cold night in Scotland in a meaningless game*. A shame no doubt for every Rangers jersey, giving us all and the management major grief too, but that is the status quo. We should not cease to demand better from anyone wearing our Blue, but we also have to stay realistic on various levels.

* BTW, only Black and Little chased every lost cause that there was to the final whistle ... which tells you a story.

I think I said at the start of the season I fancied us for 200 plus goals.

it should have been possible.

I think I said at the start of the season I fancied us for 200 plus goals.

it should have been possible.

Ah yes, from Kyle and Little and Sandaza ... whom we had for about how many continuous games? And 30odd from McCulloch and Templeton too? Matter of fact, if that's the idea more people had at the start of the season and have failed to shed it after the first three months, there's little wonder about quite a few comments on here. I'd advice you to lower your expectations for next season to 150 goals.